• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to ship rare cigars

moki

el Presidente
How to ship rare cigars

When someone buys a box of rare cigars from you (like, say, a sealed box of 1995 OR Opus X Perfecxion No.2 cigars), it is important to ensure that they are properly protected during shipment. Here's a set by step guide of how to do this effectively.

1) First, quadruple bag the cigar box, wrapping each sealing layer with packing tape. This not only ensures that the cigars are sealed, it also extends the recipients enjoyment and anticipation, as they painstakingly cut their way through each layer of packing tape to open the much-anticipated box of cigars.

2) Next pick a box at least 10x larger than the cigar box you're shipping. This large sized box is crucial to the packing process, as will become evident in the forthcoming steps.

cigar_entombing1.jpg

3) Pick up several dozen cans of "Great Stuff" expanding foam sealant. This stuff expands like rising bread dough, is extremely sticky, and dries as tough as nails:

cigar_entombing2.jpg

4) Place the quadruple-wrapped cigar box on a bed of partially cured "Great Stuff". It'd important to let the bottom layer cure for a few hours so it is firm enough to support the box of cigars:

cigar_entombing3.jpg

5) Carefully cover the cigar box with several cans of "Great Stuff"; it will expand as it coagulates, so you don't need to fill every gap:

cigar_entombing4.jpg

6) It'll take 6 more cans of "Great Stuff" to properly fill the entire box. Spread it liberally to ensure a complete entombment of the cigar box:

cigar_entombing5.jpg

7) Fill the box 3/4 of the way up with "Great Stuff" -- it will expand the rest of the way up during the 8 hour curing process. This stuff dries down extremely strong; while your recipient will have to extract his cigars with a hacksaw, he'll be extremely appreciative that the cigars arrive entombed in a sarcophagus of safety that would make King Tut proud.

The hours it takes him to cut his way through your careful packaging will simply serve to heighten his enjoyment of the cigars, sort of like foreplay.

Great success! :)

cigar_entombing6.jpg

Well done, moki. Well done.

Have fun whoever you are. :laugh:

I, for one, am glad you do not design weapons.

:laugh:

Damn Andrew....that's just cruel. :laugh:

Stepthirteen is probably gonna mess himself when he sees this thread....I believe these are his "holy grail" cigars.

Wow. I think you should charge for the secret to easily get them out.

It was a holy grail, but I managed to smoke one this evening here in New York at Uptown and I have to say that it was smooth as glass. A good time was had by all and a nice chunk of cash was raised by some very generous BOTLs/SOTLs for a brother in need. Great time!! I have to say again Andrew you are indeed cruel!!

Jim

Lemme guess, this is going to a moose humping homo in Alaska? :whistling:

Thanks for the How-to Moki, I can't tell you how tired I am of receiving crushed up smokes.

Nice warm shippin weather...tons of insulation around the cigars....and plastic to keep in the extra moisture....BRILLIANT!

Hehehee.

Nice one hit!