• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How would you like to be Mike Myers

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the brotherhood of this community, this thread needs to end.

Please stop posting to it, and let Rod clean up the mess.

Well, bigmac, I'm sorry if my comment (that was out of line) offended you. And also, it's not what the problem was. Again though I'm sorry.

KP took it too far, plain and simple. Christian or not, he used a racist slur, to describe a reverend, which, IMHO, is crossing the line two times by offending a religion and race. People shoulnd't look at each other and think of race, we are all God's (for those who believe in A God) people and until we can do that equally, the world we will be unfair for all.

Just so everyone knows what the word means:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book...onary&va=nigger

That being shown, I always thought it meant ignorant. Or may'be I just got my words mixed up. The "n" word is a very touchy word but it's all a double standard if you look at it from the outside in. I go to a community college where it's probably half black and half white with other minorities also. I'll pass by a couple black students and they'll say "what up my nigga?" But I don't see white, asian, etc. students going up to black people and saying the same. I also don't see white or asian students going up to one another and saying "what up honkey" or "what up chinc." These are situations I've witnessed around the campus.

I would never condone the use of the word. Anyone remember what Bill Cosby said about his own race? I'd like to hear what he thinks about this hurricane situation.

P.S. - I'm still waiting on Tupac to come back. He was truely a master poet/rapper :thumbs:

KayakinBoy said:
Christian or not, he used a racist slur, to describe a reverend, which, IMHO, is crossing the line two times by offending a religion and race.
[snapback]221229[/snapback]​

It can be debated as to whether he's really a reverend now. I'm sure he was when he first started, but he's basically a politician now.

KayakinBoy said:
JimK said:
Regardless of politics, the guy's a jackass for using a desperately-needed charity telethon to further his uneducated agenda.

JK
[snapback]221006[/snapback]​

He's not exactly an idiot. He's got a college education (although I forget where at right now) And I just came across all this:

"named to Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world"

"awarded the Grammy for Best Rap Album of the year and "Jesus Walks" the Grammy for Best Rap Song. Dropout was named Album of the Year by The New York Times, Time Magazine, Blender, Rolling Stone, GQ, Spin, The Source, XXL and nearly every other major national publication."

Although I don't respect rap music, you have to give him credit for "rapping" about Jesus, and not pimps and hoes all the time. He express his opinion in a public forum, which is one of his rights as an American to do.

Not saying I agree with what he did, just that I respect him.
[snapback]221052[/snapback]​

You are absolutely correct that he has a first ammendment right to voice his opinion. And now I will exercise mine. WEST IS A FREAKIN IDIOT!!!!

Leave the politics at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.