• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How's the weather?

:laugh:

I live at the foothills of Mt. Baldy. Am I still a flat-lander? Once the clouds clear up, I'll snap some photos, as I'm sure the peak will be covered in snow. LA is the only place you can ski and surf in the same day. :cool:

Just got in from clearing 10" of fresh snow.

I'm going to have to get on the roof and start shoveling if we get much more. We've got 32" on the ground now.

At least it warmed up into the 20s. I was getting tired of that single digit nonsense.

Shoveling snow off a roof, that's gotta suck.

Can you really tell the difference from 8F to 18F? :D
Yes to both questions. Luckily, I only have to shovel part of the roof because the rest of the roof is steep enough that the snow doesn't accumulate as much.

The difference from 8 to zero is much more noticeable, but once it gets below about 30*, every 5 degrees or so you can feel the difference once you've lived in it for a few years.

You can always tell when it's below 0 as soon as you step outside. Your nasal membranes and the water in your eyes start to freeze almost instantly, especially if there's the slightest breeze. 10 below makes your eyebrows hurt, and 20 below makes your teeth hurt. I try not to go outside if it's much colder than that. :laugh:

I live at the foothills of Mt. Baldy. Am I still a flat-lander? Once the clouds clear up, I'll snap some photos, as I'm sure the peak will be covered in snow. LA is the only place you can ski and surf in the same day. :cool:

You can do that here in November before Lake Superior freezes. :p

It's got nothing to do with geography.;)

Doc.

I only had to get on the roof a couple of times in Salt Lake City during the winter months. I still remember the snow pile we had in our backyard in July. :laugh: Since we lived in a street that was a half court with a dead end. The front yard was like 3' x 15'. So all the snow had to go in the back which was like 20' by 20'. :laugh:

So the puppy is a liar? Did you hear that Jon? He's impugned your integrity. I wouldn't take that from him. Maybe you should teach him a lesson. I mean your integrity has priority.

Doc.

:0 How dare he! I'm gonna go get my dueling pistol...

Shit! :angry: I'm back in Michigan. No cigar smoking out here. Anxiously waiting to return back to AZ on the 29th! :whistling:

So the puppy is a liar? Did you hear that Jon? He's impugned your integrity. I wouldn't take that from him. Maybe you should teach him a lesson. I mean your integrity has priority.

Doc.

You've already cost me over $100 after smelling the freshly baked cookies wafting from your pipe at the herf, which made me go out and get my own pipe and two tins of tobacco. However I'll be willing to overlook your transgression with a case of your coffee stout delivered to my home.

;)

Doc.

You know, as a second Banana, you leave a lot to be desired. Never say I didn't give you a shot.

Doc.

Doc.

You know, as a second Banana, you leave a lot to be desired. Never say I didn't give you a shot.

Doc.

Ha! Sit and spin on it, you old crotchety man!

Dueling pistol. Give you a shot. I got to spell it out for ya. :rolleyes:

Doc.

75 at 5:30am here. Now that is a reason to start a thread. Enjoy your day fellas.

Here in Tucson, we're suppose to get down to 22 degrees tomorrow night. The high will only be in the 40's. Unusual for us to get that cold. Rain in the forcast as well, possibly snow here in town too. I feel bad for those of you in the deep stuff, must be a nightmare.

OK...after getting 34" of snow Sunday into Monday, the township finally got to my neighborhood this afternoon to spring us loose...with a single pass of the plow! We have 8 - 10ft drifts all along the block from the winds coming off the bay blowing the snow. We had one of our contractor neighbors bring a skid steer to help get some of our other neighbors out of their houses. Most everyone's cars were completely covered by snow with the exception of our trucks. This was one of the worst storms I've ever seen because of the high winds (40-50mph) and blowing snow.

I tried to get out to the main road after being snow bound for 3+ days using my son's big-ass Blazer and what vehicle is coming the other way?...an H2 Hummer! With an 8' wall of snow on either side of us and no driveways shoveled to duck into...I had to back down to my road about 1/4 mile. Wonderful.

Finally got out to get to K-Mart to buy gloves and hats because I can't find the friggin' box with all our Winter stuff since I moved. So, what does K-Mart have left for me to buy?...camo hunting gloves and women's scarves and hat sets...we looked like a bunch of homo hunters shoveling snow. Great.

No hiding in this cluster f*ck!

Good thing is that the temps have gone up a bit, close to 40 today after 2 weeks of 32 degrees or less.

I need a vacation with warm beaches and big tits...

First Night celebrations should be a piece of cake with lows in the 30's. Highs in the 50's tomorrow. It's freakin' embarrassing.

Doc.

83 and sunny. Nary a cloud in the sky. Great day for the beach and New Year's celebration. Pound sand flatlanders.

"All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey. I've been for a walk on a winter's day."

Here is a 2 minute slide show, on you tube, of my hike in the snow on the 7th. There was a light snow falling but it didn't show on my pictures and the temperature was 33 degrees.

One for the tropical BOTL's.

EDIT: Safe for work, no sound or anything nasty just snowscapes.