• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi-Care HX10 Crystal Gel Rectangle ?

nycexit2

Maybe so one has asked th before if they did im sory for not srching enought.

i recently bought my first humidor and got this to along with it

Humi-care

from what i read it shoulbe at 70/70, im always around 70/75-76
is that ok or is there something i should do about it?

Slightly of topic what do you guys think about this sampler

gurhka

Humi-care

gurhka

I don't know about those...but I'm sure someone will be in to tell you! :thumbs:

Humi-care

gurhka

Welcome to CP, I hope you're ready to take a ton of crap about your typing.

Have you tested your hygrometer to be sure that it is accurate? That would be the first step. Search for "salt water testing" on the forums.

If you find that your hygrometer is accurate, pinch yourself and wake up, because you're dreaming! I've yet to own an accurate hygrometer.

After checking that, report back and we can diagnose further.

"Salt test" would be more like it. Or, just buy a Boveda calibration pack if you have a small humi.

Most folks like digitals. That's what I use. Like seanholio says, even good digital units may be off from 2-7%.

Folk's will also probably ask you how your cigars are smoking. If they are burning properly without going out frequently, dont' taste bitter and acrid, then they are probably in a decent range. If you have yet to put cigars in, then make sure you give the humi and gel some time to come to a balance before you do. The wood will condition and take up the proper amount of moisture.

Wilkey

Just did the salt test over night. went ok showed 76/74. so it must be something else i got no clue lol. the temp in the box is prety high around 76.

How are your cigars smoking? Are they "mushy" or "springy" with a gentle "pinch"?
If you keep the gel hydrated evenly at all times, and the Humi has had a few weeks, put some black electrical tape over, maybe a quarter of, the humidifier's moisture releasing slots.

I looked at the dimensions on that item, and it appears to be quite large. How close is the Hygrometer to the Humidifier?
Try moving the Hygro and humidifer on opposite ends of the box, and take a reading after a few hours.