• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humi project...

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
Now that I have my cool little cabinet humi, I'd like to 'personalize' it. I'm thinking about taking all the bands I have and will have, open them up, and putting them on the INSIDE of the humi door. That way, when I open it up all I'll see on the door is the bands from cigars I have smoked...

My question is, how can I adhere them to the door? I want to make it permanent, like varnishing them in, but I don't want to damage the door, or make the humi unusuable for too long.

Ideas? Products? Suggestions?

Glue sticks come to mind, but if you're talking about putting them on permanetly maybe use contact cement. I'm not sure about the odor but I'm pretty sure you slap the glue on then let it dry. After it's dry I think it's a pressure sensitve application.

I'm probably wrong about it though...I haven't used it in the last 20 years!

I don't know if this is gonna work, but the first thing that came to mind was Liquid Pectin. Someone mentioned it to me to repair an unraveling wrapper. I have used it on a few and it works great for the wrapper. It might work for the bands on the wood.

LMK if you can't find it, I found it in the "canning section" of the supermarket.... I could always pick some up and send it to you. One box contained two 3 oz packages. The company's web site is www.homecanning.com

OK, just asked the wife what she would use. She has done some decoupaging (*ding*) for some dressers for our nieces and nephews. She recommends using a:

"Mod Podge".... "waterbase sealer, glue and finish for all surfaces"..... the instructions on the back says: Clean up with water while wet. Once dry, Mod Podge cannot be removed. To eliminate tackiness, apply Clear Acrylic Sealer over dried Mod Podge.

The wife told me to tell ya it can be bought in any craft store or WalMart..... if you have trouble finding it, let me know

how about smell? drying time? migth be something to look into... thanks Tommy!

On a couple of my guitars I have various passages from the cartoon tracts that the jesus cops give out. I used the sheet contact lamanite they sell at drugstores to laminate SS cards or other IDs. One of these guitars has had this on it for 20 yrs with no discoloring or peeling. I am very reticent to suggest any glues or chemicals in a humidor.

syrinx said:
On a couple of my guitars I have various passages from the cartoon tracts that the jesus cops give out. I used the sheet contact lamanite they sell at drugstores to laminate SS cards or other IDs. One of these guitars has had this on it for 20 yrs with no discoloring or peeling. I am very reticent to suggest any glues or chemicals in a humidor.
[snapback]290762[/snapback]​

:0
GREAT idea... never would have thought of that... that should work JUST fine...

Thanks!

Back