• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Build Complete - Pics added of full humi 3/7/2009

wubears71

Here are a few pictures of the humidor I'm in the process of building. It's made of Solid Walnut, with a Walnut Burl top and Quilted Maple Panels on the sides. The interior will be lined with 1/4" spanish cedar and all interior components are made of solid spanish cedar. I have an Avallo humidification system on order and that should be in the couple of weeks. Overall, the interior dimensions are approximately 20.5" wide, 17" deep and 30" tall. All I have left to build is the base and door, so I'm guessing I have another weekend or two of work in it.

Feel free to ask any questions.

2629117070044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

2869511260044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

2647585870044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

2683328530044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is a link to the full album if you are interested:

Humidor

Walnut, Burlwood Walnut, Quilted Maple. It's always nice to mix up dark burls and Maple. Nice 4 way book match too. Did you do it yourself? You've got some very nice skills there my friend. Please keep us posted on your build. I look forward to it. Looking good. :thumbs:

Looks good to me. I couldn't even make candle holders for my mom when I was in 8th grade shop class.

Here are a few pictures of the humidor I'm in the process of building. It's made of Solid Walnut, with a Walnut Burl top and Quilted Maple Panels on the sides. The interior will be lined with 1/4" spanish cedar and all interior components are made of solid spanish cedar. I have an Avallo humidification system on order and that should be in the couple of weeks. Overall, the interior dimensions are approximately 20.5" wide, 17" deep and 30" tall. All I have left to build is the base and door, so I'm guessing I have another weekend or two of work in it.

Feel free to ask any questions.

2629117070044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

2869511260044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

2647585870044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

2683328530044853923S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is a link to the full album if you are interested:

Humidor

That looks like you are going to have one awesome humidor! The feeling your going to have pulling a nice opus x out of that baby is going to be priceless. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for all the kind comments. I can't wait to get this done and put it to use.

Nice 4 way book match too. Did you do it yourself?

Thanks. Yes I did do it myself. It's made of 4, 12x12" pieces.

The feeling your going to have pulling a nice opus x out of that baby is going to be priceless

That was one of the reasons for building this thing. I've been so hesitant purchasing anythig like the Opus X in bulk out of fear of not having a proper home for them and ruining them. I've only smoked a couple of Opus X, but a few years ago, I had an opportunity to buy a box of them for $500, but passed due to lack of storage.

Looks really nice! I love that the top(?) piece looks like it has a cross on it with the different shades of wood. Really neat effect.

I finally finished up my humidor this evening, putting all the hardware in place. The approximate dimensions are 32" Tall x 18" Deep x 26" Wide. The top consists of a 4-way bookmatched Walnut Burl Veneer surrounded by a 1/4" inlay of African Blackwood. The side panels consist of quilted maple veneer and the rails, stiles, base, feet, door and top surroud are all made of solid 7/8" Walnut. The interior components are all Spanish Cedar and the interior is lined with 1/4" spanish cedar.

The finish consists of 3 hand-rubbed coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal Glossy Polyurthane, knocked down with 0000 steel wool in between each coat.

I have an order of Olivias, Fuentes, Avos and Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 that should get here Thursday. Their new home should be seasoned by the weekend.

Its about time my cigars have a proper home.

Thanks for looking.

I would like to see how you're doing the lining process... I'm a big fan of veneering right now. I've been using solid maple ply done with spanish cedar inside and whatever the heck I want on the outside... and I'm pretty happy with the results.
Chris

I would like to see how you're doing the lining process... I'm a big fan of veneering right now. I've been using solid maple ply done with spanish cedar inside and whatever the heck I want on the outside... and I'm pretty happy with the results.

I use baltic birch ply and commercial veneers, so I line 1 side of the BB Ply with the face veneer and use a cheapo veneer on the backside. I like using a min of 1/4" lining for all my projects, such as cedar lined chests and this Humidor. I miter the 1/4" spanish cedar paneling where the top and bottom meets the side, which pretty much holds it all in place, but I add a small dab of glue so it doesn't come loose. The humidor back is a 3/4" solid floating panel of Spanish Cedar, sitting in a 1/2" deep dado. The panel is about 1/16" undersided to allow for wood movement.

I also use a vacuum press to bond the veneers to the substrate. PM me if you would like some more info or feel free to post any additional questions.

Great job. Looks soooo nice! :thumbs:

Looks awesome! Was it difficult to put the hygrometer on the outside? Also, did you have to get a special kind or just use a standard analog?