• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Cabinet Suggestions

Shiba

CP's Official Mortgage Broker
Well my wife and I have switched gears and decided not to get the Wine Humidor that I previously posted a question on. As many of you stated, we were better off to get a separate cabinet and separate fridge for the wine, well that is what she told me to do yesterday so who am I to argue??? Just more space for my smokes :)

Anyway, I am looking for something that is roughly 5'-6' tall and prefer something with a glass door(s) on it. I looked at the Aristocrats but they are more than I want to spend. I am looking in the ballpark of $1500-$1700. If the right item came along for a little more, I would be open to that as well.

Here is one that I am currently looking at from Avallo Humidors. Does anyone know anything about this company, other than the fact that they make humidification products?

If you know anything on the product above, or know of another good cabinet in this range, please let me know... Thanks!!!

I don't have an Avallo, but many guys here do and are very happy with them. They are definetely recommended. I hadn't seen that model before, but if it is the same quality as the rest of his work, it looks like a pretty good deal. I'm not a fan of glass doors, but other than that, it looks great.

If you haven't already, I would call Matt at Avallo and discuss it with him.

JK

I know many people who own Avallo humidors and are very happy with them.

For significantly less, you might consider one of THESE. A local friend has had one for awhile with no problems.

As this company is fairly close, you might also be able to save on shipping by going to pick it up yourself.

http://www.cigarsolutions.com/cooledindex.html

That is who you should go through if you're getting an Avallo. Ron takes all the orders for Matt so Matt can stay busy in the shop. Correct if I'm wrong someone! Never ordered an Avallo before :sign:

Also, the one you pictured would be a great one. Thing I would change is to get flat shelves instead on the slanted shelves :thumbs:

Can you not just make them flat by adjusting the back section? I would add a drawer for singles.. I think that would be vital. The humidity systems that this comes with, it is worth keeping? Thanks.

I have the Avallo 1200. The humidification system is great. I use beads as backup inside in the singles drawer.

Avallos are great. I can't imagine that you would be disappointed in one.

After searching Aristocrats website, I could possibly swing the Aristocart MXT-19 which is only 60" tall but wider.

Decisions Decisions... ???

Aristocrat ( Bob Staebell ) and Avallo are both quality companies with quality products. However if you want something that you will never out grow, check out the Vino Temp model 700. I have had mine for years and it keeps my cigars cool and humidified to perfection.

88"high by 51' wide by 29' deep, holds 6000 cigars and costs only 2995.00 plus delivery. It is the last cabinet you will ever buy.

One would think that there aren't too many people that need to keep 6000 cigars ready who aren't in the business. I'd bet he is one of them ;)

The Master said:
88"high by 51' wide by 29' deep, holds 6000 cigars and costs only 2995.00 plus delivery. It is the last cabinet you will ever buy.
[snapback]240964[/snapback]​

Well folks... I made my decision... I just ordered the Aristocrat Mxt Plus-3674. Here are some specs...74"H X 40"W X 19"D... These are the outside specs due to the crown molding... the regular inside specs are 72"H X 36"W X 16"D. Here are the details as well...

Aristocrat Mxt Plus “3674”
Wood Choice (Cherry)
Digital Set & Forget System w/ 3 Humidifiers and 4 Remote Fans
Beveled Glass Upper Doors
Flat Panel Lower Doors
Locks on Upper and Lower Doors
Standard Crown Molding
4 Adjustable Shelves (Angled)
1 Full Extension Drawer (Singles)

It should take 6-8 weeks to build but I will send pictures along as soon as I get any. Thanks for all of the information and thanks to Ron for taking the time to help me with my questions on the Avallo Humidors.

WOOHOOOO... I can't wait!!!! :D

Nice choice on the humidor :0 :D Are the angled shelves adjustable? You know you will lose a lot of box storage if you put 4 angled shelves in there vs. the flat shelves. Good choice none-the-less :thumbs:

Yes... they are adjustable. But don't forget... I have the entire lower cabinet to stack boxes. :p :D

It is the best of all worlds... Display area... Singles area... and Storage area. WOOHOOO!!!! :laugh:

Shiba said:
Yes... they are adjustable. But don't forget... I have the entire lower cabinet to stack boxes. :p :D
[snapback]241100[/snapback]​

Cool...Didn't know that! :thumbs:

I have to admit that Bob is a FIRST CLASS guy... he was very patient and help me with all my questions and concerns. If this quality of his work is even close to what everyone tells me, this should be a great humidor.

I have a few buddies locally that are waiting to see it so they can decide if they want to order an Aristocrat as well. I think once they lay eyes on it, they will fall in love.

I wish Bob came on the forums so I could publicly give him a huge THANKS!!!!! :)

I looked at these and their prices.... I do not think you can get a humidor for the same quality and price that Aristocrat has to offer. The link you posted is much more expensive than what I paid for a equal humidor. Bob is the way to go :)

I only ask out of curiosity since i saw a good deal a while back which got me curious.

- K

Vigilant is very expensive for what you get. You can do much better with other companies.