• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor came in today!

Tillers

So I got a package at work, what could it be?
IMG_20110126_150750.jpg

Why, it's a limited edition Red Ryder Rosewood Humidor!
IMG_20110126_190738.jpg

Come with a shelf and three dividers:
IMG_20110126_190846.jpg

Time to prep it so I can start stuffing with cigars!
IMG_20110126_190924.jpg

Marked the fill line so I can keep track of how much water it consumes. I figured this cup would good as it's nice and wide, less prone to tipping:
IMG_20110126_190914.jpg

In and ready to go!
IMG_20110126_190942.jpg

Now let's work on that humidity level!
IMG_20110126_190855.jpg

Close the lid and put it away!
IMG_20110126_191034.jpg
v

Now I just have to wait.... :whistling:

Very nice! :thumbs:

2 things - Salt test your hydro/get a digital one, and ditch the floral foam for a cylinder of beads.

Or you can do what I did and get a Cigar Oasis XL.

-Jimmy

Grats, now time to fill it up with some padrons! (After the seasoning is done!)

So I got a package at work, what could it be?
IMG_20110126_150750.jpg

Why, it's a limited edition Red Ryder Rosewood Humidor!
IMG_20110126_190738.jpg

Come with a shelf and three dividers:
IMG_20110126_190846.jpg

Time to prep it so I can start stuffing with cigars!
IMG_20110126_190924.jpg

Marked the fill line so I can keep track of how much water it consumes. I figured this cup would good as it's nice and wide, less prone to tipping:
IMG_20110126_190914.jpg

In and ready to go!
IMG_20110126_190942.jpg

Now let's work on that humidity level!
IMG_20110126_190855.jpg

Close the lid and put it away!
IMG_20110126_191034.jpg
v

Now I just have to wait.... :whistling:

Congrats on the new purchase!

2 things - Salt test your hydro/get a digital one, and ditch the floral foam for a cylinder of beads.

-Jimmy

What Jimmy said. Get a digital hydro and beads.

Nice looking box by the way.

Also, let me be the first to say: You are going to fill that up so fast your head will spin. Start reading on how to build a coolidor.

Thansk!

Yea I have an order in for a box of Padrons. A coworker of mine saw my humi come in and we got to talking. I told him about the Padrons and he wants to try some when I get em in and offered to trade me some of his. So, I'll get to try some more new varieties!

That Cigar Oasis looks pretty cool. I need to get this thing broken in before I start dropping any more coin of accessories though. Gotta save some $$$ for sticks!

Listen to what Sigar said; I bought a 300 count hum and I am now faced with either buying less; or smoking more. You definitely want a digital gizmo and ditch the flower foam. We pretty much all agree that beads are the way to go. We ought to have a contest to see how fast you fill up that hum. Enjoy brother, that's what it is there for.

Oh baby! :D Nothing like a new humidor! congrats man! Beads are the way to go imo

Thansk!

Yea I have an order in for a box of Padrons. A coworker of mine saw my humi come in and we got to talking. I told him about the Padrons and he wants to try some when I get em in and offered to trade me some of his. So, I'll get to try some more new varieties!

That Cigar Oasis looks pretty cool. I need to get this thing broken in before I start dropping any more coin of accessories though. Gotta save some $$$ for sticks!

I said it once and I'll say it again...

You wouldn't buy and Lambo and keep it outside would you? Then why buy cigars and keep them in a bad humidor?

Spend the extra scratch now on a proper hygro and some beads and you'll never have to worry about your sticks again...

Thansk!

I said it once and I'll say it again...

You wouldn't buy and Lambo and keep it outside would you? Then why buy cigars and keep them in a bad humidor?

Spend the extra scratch now on a proper hygro and some beads and you'll never have to worry about your sticks again...

Yes yes yes! A thousand times, yes! I lost a good amount of sticks when I first got into the hobby because I tried to adopt the "save money for sticks" ideology. What happened? I ended up spending double because i had to buy more cigars to replace what I lost and buy the beads and digital hygro that I should've purchased in the first place!

Every ounce of good advice on here is spoken from experience. Trust in it! Don't wait to get the beads and stuff, just do it now and you'll be much happier.

Agreed. The analog hygrometer that came with mine read 55% when it was at 80%. It read 52% at 50%. And beads for SURE. You can't see inside foam, you can't see mold.

Congratulations on your investment. Now you better start saving for the next one.You'll have this one full in a few weeks. You're on a slippery slope and, trust me, there's no way out. Enjoy brother.

Just got your humi and already ordered a box? Yer screwed. Take the advice given above and start a coolidor fast.

If it takes a week to season the humi and a week to get the cigars in, where will I be screwed?

If it takes a week to season the humi and a week to get the cigars in, where will I be screwed?
If this is the only box you ever order, you should be fine. Let us know how that works out for you........;)

Eh, if I see the stogies starting to dry up, I'll just have to smoke them all in a day!!!

Eh, if I see the stogies starting to dry up, I'll just have to smoke them all in a day!!!

Sheesh you just aren't getting it. ??? Lets see if I can simplify it for you. :laugh:

How many boxes of cigars to you plan on keeping at one time? How many can that humidor hold?

Now if you're like more of the brothers here you'll have that humidor filled before St Pattys Day and will be kicking yourself that you didn't start a coolidor to hold your boxes. :sign:

Sheesh you just aren't getting it. ??? Lets see if I can simplify it for you. :laugh:

How many boxes of cigars to you plan on keeping at one time? How many can that humidor hold?

Now if you're like more of the brothers here you'll have that humidor filled before St Pattys Day and will be kicking yourself that you didn't start a coolidor to hold your boxes. :sign:

I'm slow like that some times ???

This humi an supposedly hold 100, so I should be good to go for a while. I'm trying to buy a house right now so I'm not rushing out to build up a huge cigar collection or anything like that at the moment. This is just my "starter" humidor. I'm tired of having to run to the store 3 times a week to pick up smokes. I'd like to store a month's or so worth is all, for now....

Though, like most hobbies when I get into them I like to go all out, so when I get my place and have more room to play (I'm in a studio apt at the moment), then I can see getting one of those big coolers from Costco and making a coolidor ;)

Or you can do what I did and get a Cigar Oasis XL.

-Jimmy

Jimmy speaks truth! there is nothing worse than finding out that you have been 5% off cause you didn't take the time to salt test. Beads are also my fav way at maintaining a perfect environment for my smokes.