• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor Opinions needed :)

cpatt18

Hi Guys!

I've been thinking about buying a humidor after smoking a few cigars so I don't have to keep going to the store haha Im lazy.I don't really know much about them or want to waste my money on a shitty one.

I am worried that I will get one that is not the right size then I will end up having to buy another one because I don't really know what to look for and I am new to this.

Saw some options compared on this site and I am leaning towards the Case Elegance one.

https://puffclassics.com/best-cigar-humidor/

I have a budget of $150 and I still need to get a decent cutter! Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ideally something that I can't mess up lol, something simple.

Thanks for the help :)

At this point I’d recommend getting a Tupperware container and a boveda pack. That way you aren't spending very much until you see how far you want to take this hobby

This! Plus, Tupperware humidors are way easier to maintain!!

i would suggest Tupperware too. Something with a good seal. The reason is that typically the ‘humidors’ that you buy from different sources usually have sealing issues that will constantly fluctuate your humidity levels. With Tupperware, most of them are built for their seal, which will help store your cigars better and provide less headache.

Another benefit to Tupperware is that the seasoning process is significantly easier. I may be saying something you already know, but when dealing with a smaller amount of cigars to start, boveda packs are a a gift from god. If you have between 10-50 cigars, you can get away with a 60gram pack (between 65%-70% based on your preference) and you’ll hardly have to think about humidity so long as you aren’t opening the lid three times a day. Then just change the pack every couple months (YMMV)

Make sure to pick yourself up a decent digital hydrometer as well. I’m sure everyone here can agree that when it come to the included analogue hydrometers in humidors, you’d be better off guessing. Lol

I third, fourth, or fifth, or whatever the Tupperware idea. Even a lot of "experienced" dudes here use variations of Tupperware and coolers for some storage.

Also, check out the stickies in this very forum -- there's a lot of GREAT information about humidors that you'll want to know.

I have a desktop humidor that I used for a couple years, it's my wife's jewelry box now.
As everyone has pretty much said....go with a Tupperware box.

Is that the nub sampler? I looked at that on black friday
No, I had ordered a box of Nub Cameroon in my first cigar order and they had a promotion to get a free nub humidor. It’s basically useless as a humidor so I just use it to hold my lighters, cutters etc.

I really wanted something I could leave out and about on the table. I am going to get this one and pic up a Tupperware as well though
humi link
If the wood on wood seal is not great I may add a little fill there or something

i would suggest Tupperware too. Something with a good seal. The reason is that typically the ‘humidors’ that you buy from different sources usually have sealing issues that will constantly fluctuate your humidity levels. With Tupperware, most of them are built for their seal, which will help store your cigars better and provide less headache.
Tupperware needs to hop into the cigar space haha or I will make a nice wooden holder for tupperware humis :p

I really wanted something I could leave out and about on the table. I am going to get this one and pic up a Tupperware as well though
humi link
If the wood on wood seal is not great I may add a little fill there or something
I think you are making a mistake but its surely your choice to make. Every guy on this forum has thrown away, given away or otherwise a small desktop humidor like you linked. Its very small, you don't want to use that foam crap so you'll need a Boveda bag. That bag can't touch the cigars so you'll lose 20% of the humidor to humidification. That'll leave you storage for... less than 20 sticks in that thing. Its your money, but the tupperware option allows you to learn and decide where you want to take this hobby without buying something you'll be throwing away in 3 months.

Not sure how much that is, but I agree with Chad above. If you are going to be a regular smoker, you will quickly outgrow that humidor for storage. If you really want a desktop box like that, one option would be to use that one as your dry box (which you can leave out for public viewing with a few sticks in it to either smoke or share throughout the week), and maintain a much larger tupperware or cooler for volume storage. I use an old mini-fridge for my humidor, and others have even converted full-size refrigerators, as well!