• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor problem & question

UPchayne

I have only been smoking cigars for about two months now. For christmas I got a new humidor. I went through the seasonng process. All went well. I calibrated my hygrometer. Well the new humidor came with a humidification system. I am pretty sure it is one that has the floral foam in it. Worked pretty good. I decided to get a xikar system. I got the one for 70% rh. Well after two days my rh level dropped to 60%. This humidor is a small 50 cigar capacity. I know my meter is calibrated right. I have taken it out and re-calibrated it to make sure. Can anyone tell me why if this is supposed to keep the rh level at 70% why is it keeping it at 60%

Dont take this the wrong way, but did you do any reading before you posted this?

You posted this at 7:00 last night in the Newbie Forum, which I will give you cedit for as many dont even do that:

Hey all. Just became a member and wanted to introduce muself. Have only been smoking cigars for about a month or so now. Really having a good time. I have probably smoked only twenty or so, but I have already fell in love with the Drew Estates Acid 1400CC. Hope to learn a lot here. Think I will spend some time reading. Look forward to some interesting conversations

Then you posted this thread at 1130 this moring when the two previous previous threads in this forum were almost exeactly like yours...."I have had new humidor for only a couple of months.....blah blah......i have a such and such a set up....blah blah.....my humidity level is.......my hygro is......."

Same questions, as always to help you"

What did your salt test say? How long did you salt test it?

How long did you let the hygro stabilize in your humidor before checking it?

Sorry to sound like a pissant, but as most others have said here.......read more and post less.

I guess I need another cup of coffee.....

So its not just me?

I have been reading on this forum for 3 days. I never found anyrhing on the xikar system. I thought I would join this forum and ask my question. I am sorry if I did not take more time. Thought I would ask. Sorry to have put everybody out. Just thought that since I could not find the answer.

I have been reading on this forum for 3 days. I never found anyrhing on the xikar system. I thought I would join this forum and ask my question. I am sorry if I did not take more time. Thought I would ask. Sorry to have put everybody out. Just thought that since I could not find the answer.

Here is at least one:

xikar

Which specifially talks about it.

There are at least several others in which Xikar products are referenced.

Sorry for the my last response. I can't find the search button. I use my blacberry and cannot seem to find that button. Probably overlooking it. Thanks again.

Sorry for the my last response. I can't find the search button. I use my blacberry and cannot seem to find that button. Probably overlooking it. Thanks again.

Ditch the xikar, and get some heartfelt beads, I just switched recently due to my fluctuations in humidity after adding cigars I got for christmas. The xikar didn't maintain the humidity properly once you start going close to the recommended max amount of cigars, and they dont seem to work well together with other gel tubes. Get the beads, hydrate and enjoy! Now if March would come a little quicker so I can get back on my scoot. I need a nice ride to the beach and a stogie!