• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Humidor with glass side

Josie whales

Live to ride
any idea’s on how to get a better seal on a humidor with glass sides? I was thinking on aquarium caulk on the outside

If you've got seal issues make sure it's not the lid first. If it's a desktop, hold the lid up a few inches and let it drop. It should not slam or slap closed but rather ease down in the final 1/8th inch like there's a bit of air being pressed out. Also, there's a 'dollar bill test' where you would try and fit a dollar in between the lid seal while closed. If you can slide a bill in between the wood of the lid and body you may have issues at that point.
Glass is known to leak though...This is what I used in a recent build.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-Silicone-2-8-oz-Clear-Aquarium-Sealant-00755/100128841

It’s counter tops display. I don’t want to open it that’s why I was asking if it’s cool to do it outside? Does the caulk have a smell to it?

The aquarium silicon smells very strong for about two days and then becomes odorless.

The aquarium silicon smells very strong for about two days and then becomes odorless.
Just did the silicon did it on the outside applied a small amount it did smell but can’t smell it now hopefully it won’t get in the humidor now cigar Oasis isn’t turning on every 15 seconds