• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

humidor

ylo2na

Am wondering if any of you have ever built a small walk-in humidor? Am thinking of building one about 7 x 9 in my garage with regulated ac/humidification! My problem is the summer heat as I live in Tampa, Florida. My garage is an oven in the summer time and I was wondering if I insulate the newly installed drywall walls will that keep out the heat? or, am I just asking for more trouble and possibly destroying all of my smokes?

You'll want an AC in there, otherwise you'll just be breeding beetles. ;)

Summer humidity down there is a bitch too. That will have to be addressed or even if you have cool cigars, they'll be sopping wet.

Isn't it just as quick to post a link, instead of telling someone to use the search function?

Atuck's Walk In Humidor Thread

I typically alternate between search is your friend and posting the link. Don't want bad habits to creep in :laugh:

It's warranted at times Anthony, but it seems that the "search is your friend" or "use the search function" became the CigarPass mantra for 2007, taking the crown from the popcorn smilie of 2006. Ironically I think the functionality of the search feature has become more cumbersome and less useful in the last year.

If you even think for a minute you will not be able to regulate the temp swings with insulation, and HVAC. Then I would not even condsider it. You'll damage your cigars/wrappers. There's a big difference between a basement and a garage.

If you even think for a minute you will not be able to regulate the temp swings with insulation, and HVAC. Then I would not even condsider it. You'll damage your cigars/wrappers. There's a big difference between a basement and a garage.
I agree, the garage is the hottest place in any house. Give your kid a check and a wave and then use his/her room :laugh:

Brian

hahaha.. a check and a wave.. all i got was a wave.. where's my check?!?!