• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurrican Katrina

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
So it's Thursday evening, the hurricane is hitting us, and my brother calls. He's lost power and can't take it anymore, he's coming over because I still have power. He lives 10 minutes away. When he hangs up I look at the TV and they announce, "The eye of the storm is near Miami Lakes." Well, Miami Lakes is inbetween my brother and I. So I get on the phone and tell him to hurry his ass up. Mind you, a few people have died already getting hit by trees on the street. I looked outside and it was as calm as any other day. We were pretty much in the eye of the storm. As my brother pulls into my driveway, the wind and rain pick up. We make it to the couch. My wife, brother and I, put our feet up on the ottoman and poof, the lights go out. My brother starts ranting, "I can't believe I risked my life to get here and now you have no power." He hadn't even finished saying power when my lights came back on. We never lost power again.

We were fortunate.

Those people south of the eye got rained on hard for along time. The flooding is crazy. I feel extremely blessed. This was "only" a categpry one. Definitely an eye opener for a lot of people.

Isn't it predicted to be a Cat. 4? Looks like it'll hit N.O. or Biloxi, MS. Atleast the current models show it heading for those cities.

cvmfour said:
Isn't it predicted to be a Cat. 4? Looks like it'll hit N.O. or Biloxi, MS. Atleast the current models show it heading for those cities.
[snapback]217289[/snapback]​

Yup, its expected to be a cat.4 by the time it makes land fall tomorrow night Monday morning'ish. It's also expected to land some where in between N.O. and Tallahassee.

RicMac,

Great story. I remember last year and getting hit directly by three out of the four. With Charlie I spent hours inside a little walk in closet with my wife and two kids. Talked about cramped quarters.

And people don't want to live in California becasue they are scared of earthquakes!!!??? I rather risk an earthquake than have to deal with hurricanes every year.

-Fetter :)

yeah we really WERE fortunate compared to N.O. and MS

we lost power for like 8-12 hours and had some roof tiles (barrel kind-is there any other? lol) hit our cars etc.

where in crapaleah do you live ric? i live off of 4th ave and 68th st. hope to be moving to miramar or pines in about 3-4 months though

Happy to hear you guys managed to make it through with minimal discomfort. I have several friends in N.O. that I haven't been able to get ahold of yet. Hopefully they are ok. The situation in N.O. and MS is really sad and my thoughts are with them and all who were hit by this monster.