• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurricane Ike

Rich, you don't need another.

I stayed for Rita last time, but we barely got any wind. Good news for us here is that it looks like its taking a more westerly route. Well wishes for the South Texas Coast brothers.

Never know though, so we're still on alert.

I came down for Rita with my generator and tar paper. I arrived at my brother's house in time to have a steak off of his BBQ. He was hosting a cul-de-sac party to get rid of all the meat in the freezer, just about the time the power was restored. My home town of Groves was hit hard, though. Rita restored my faith in humanity - that people are scum. The rest stops for 300 miles were trashed and destroyed (yes, really). Assholes even tore up all the landscaping. There were thousands of cars abandoned on the Interstate, many were vandalized with windows broken and tires slashed.

Congrats on the wedding, and be safe all brothers along the gulf coast watching this beast, I was watching the news this morning and Ike had 50 foot waves crashing Cuba, WOW!

Looks like the only problem use central to north Texas coast folks have to worry about now is the trough coming out of the rockies. Two of the more accurate long range projections both have the trough dumping into texas just in time to veer Ike North on Friday. They were very accurate for Gustav and so far have been exceptionally accurate for Ike. Lets hope that they are through being accurate and Mexico can get nailed.

here's a funny about Mexico and Hurricanes.

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/hurr...or_texas_slowed

I don't wish any hurricane on anyone.

Lets hope this thing does what the last one did in the Gulf, slow down to cause less mayhem.

Be safe.

Brian

Good luck to all of our BOTL near the Texas coast.. I'm going to stock up on supplies today just in case..

Well, it looks like Ike is making a b-line for Galveston. I'm typically down for a good hurricane, gives me a chance to revert back to caveman status with sending the women off, packing guns, stocking up on beanie weenies, gasoline, and all the stuff a man might need in a short term apocalypse. But damn, I'm getting married in less than 2 weeks. I don't need the place I'm getting married in destroyed by high wind and the 100 year old oaks surrounding it.

We're only about 25 miles from the coast, so we get it pretty hard in my neck of the woods. I hate to wish it on someone else, but any other time and I'd be ready with my cold beer, spray painted signs with "Looters will be shot, and then shot again" etc.

Wish us luck on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Here is a forum which is the best weather forum out there. Yeah I am a weather freak, however this forum and CP have so many similarities. There are real meteorologist(FOG's) who know what they are talking about and weenies(noob's) like me who just love a good storm who post frequently. This forum does not like hype nor tolorate it so you will get a much better track of IKE rather than a hype fest for ratings. Do not let the board title mislead you it covers most weather topics for the country....

http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?sh...p;#entry3028429

C&R