• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurt

I think most of us have dealt with this before. I know I did. Just keep your mouth shut for a while, and stay away from both of them. Your buddy will realize what he’s lost, and he’ll come back around eventually (as long as you don’t keep pushing the situation). If for some reason he decides to not come back around, then the friendship would have dissolved at some point anyway.

When this happened to me, it took 5 years and a divorce for my buddy to see the light and come back to his friends.

In my day, we'd have buried our troubles in service to the French Foreign Legion, not posted it on a cigar board for the world to see.
sign.gif

Doc.

In my day, we'd have buried our troubles in service to the French Foreign Legion, not posted it on a cigar board for the world to see.
sign.gif

Doc.

'Course, the world was in black and white then...

;)

Trey

I think most of us have dealt with this before. I know I did. Just keep your mouth shut for a while, and stay away from both of them. Your buddy will realize what he’s lost, and he’ll come back around eventually (as long as you don’t keep pushing the situation). If for some reason he decides to not come back around, then the friendship would have dissolved at some point anyway.

When this happened to me, it took 5 years and a divorce for my buddy to see the light and come back to his friends.

Ugh, I remember that story... What an awful time that must have been.

Thankfully I have a best friend who gets along great with my wife, and I get along well with his wife, so we can all hang out together and have a nice evening with sushi, a movie, or a board game. I think I'm pretty lucky there.

On the other hand, I have a good friend who's wife is just a know-it-all cocky blowhard bitch. She thinks that everything you have done, she has done ten times better, and she loves to interject her opinion about everything in every conversation. My buddy regularly bitches to me about how his wife can never be wrong or admit fault in an argument, so you can see what kind of woman she is (and what kind of man he is for not saying something to her about how he feels). My wife hates her, and I really can't stand my buddy's wife either. The straw that broke the camel's back was one night when she came over to my house and started talking all kinds of shit on law enforcement personnel, just putting down everybody from the police officers to their wives and families. Because this girl is a Marine's wife, she likes to brag about how her life is harder as a military wife than any other wife in the whole fucking world.

I kept my mouth shut out of respect for my buddy, but my wife was turning red. Finally, the evening finished and my wife told me that she never wanted to see that woman again. I agreed with her and told my buddy that his wife is never allowed in my house again. Now, we don't really talk. Such is the price of doing business.

My point is, don't make a man choose between you and his wife, because the wife will win every time. I still plan on seeing my friend, but definitely away from his wife. I don't know what you said in the email, but if you were able to maintain a friendship with your buddy for years while talking to him about how you did't care for his wife, and then one day you email her and suddenly the friendship is over, you did something wrong there.

Don't fool yourself into thinking your buddy didn't tell his wife how you felt about her. As Doc says, never underestimate the power of pussy. Your buddy probably put on his "friend filter" and told her in a much kinder way how you felt about her, and then when you sent that email you went laid it all out in such a raw fashion that she was just done with you.

I say you try to open up the comm-lines one more time, and if there's no progress, leave it alone. If he's really your buddy, he'll figure out a way to get his house in order and then come back and mend the fence between you fellas. Good luck.

I try to live by the mantra "Bro's before ho's." I had one of those crazy gf's back in the day. Lost all my friends because of her. I'll never let that happen again.

Your friend may eventually come around, but for right now, you're going to have to let it rest. Your best bet is to be there for him if he ever sees the light. It is really unfortunate that this had to happen though. Good luck!

My point is, don't make a man choose between you and his wife, because the wife will win every time.
....this.

We can debate if it's right or not (it isn't), we can recite the "Bro's before Ho's" mantra, but at the end of the day, if you put him in that position, the inevitable happened.

I haven't had this exact thing happen, but I have had lifelong friends stab me in the back. It sucks, and really hurts at the same time. Sorry for the rough road......

B.B.S.

My wife is my best friend.....and my family comes first.......

Now my wife's relationship with me is that she may not like someone and choose not to be around someone and that is perfectly fine with me

Thats my situation as well. Wife is my best friend. I have some friends that I chose to stop hang out with, for my own reason. Maybe your friend is pussy whipped, but if thats the case, it still stems from pissing off his wife. I agree, that he should not just shut you out of his life, but he does need to grow a pair and tell you why he doesn't want to be friends. I dont think you can force him to do so, so perhaps you should wait a month, and ask him out for a beer to see if you can broach the wall he just built inbetween you both. good luck.

A crazy girlfriend is one thing. Pretty easy to leave them and move on. When you marry them, you probably have an idea of what you're getting into. Not sure what was in the email, but yeah, you probably forced his hand. And I'm not entirely sure the use of "bros before hos" in regards to someone's wife is appropriate, either.

And I'm not entirely sure the use of "bros before hos" in regards to someone's wife is appropriate, either.

That's because you're pussy whipped.

Nice Josh. :laugh:

For the record, my post was not to imply anything other than what I've chosen to live by given my past experiences. It was in no way meant to imply that anyone's wife is a "ho" or that it fully applies here even. I just won't ever make that mistake again.

My wife is my closest friend and there is a bond of trust between us that none of my male friends could ever break. That now having been said, my wife would never put me in such a situation.

I have a few friends she frowns upon but she still goes with me to visit them and acts the perfect lady while she is there. She realizes that I may go out and do silly man things with my friends once in a while, but at night I'm at home with her and the kids.

That's were I get my opinion from, I know not everyone is as fortunate as me, but having been spoiled now for close to 25 years would have not allowed me to be otherwise.

I think you just pushed the issue too far.

At some point you have to accept that you're not going to get along with everybody, including sometimes those who are special to those who are special to you. It's just the way it goes. A person just can't control things like that.

Good luck. I hope you guys can reconcile.

I just talked to Joshs brother Heath. He is also supposed to be in the wedding. After his initial shock at the situation he basically thanked me for saying what everyone else has been thinking and going through. Like me he just doesn's understand how she could not want to be a part of the family she married into.

I just talked to Joshs brother Heath. He is also supposed to be in the wedding. After his initial shock at the situation he basically thanked me for saying what everyone else has been thinking and going through. Like me he just doesn's understand how she could not want to be a part of the family she married into.

Be careful with this path, bro. You could take things from being a hand grenade to a nuclear weapon by going on about these things with other family members of his.

By now this thread should have shown you a few things: 1) these things happen to many, if not all, of us; 2) face to face discussion is the ONLY way to handle these matters and electronic communications are NEVER a good option on emotional issues; and 3) there are just some people in the world with whom you will not be able to get along.

My best friend who was with me for decades has fallen away and will not return my calls. Even when my mother died last year I did not hear from him. That sucked. My friend was like another son to my mother and even when he wouldn't contact me, he would stop by to see my parents. He did not show up at the funeral or contact any one because he knew that I would be there. I know precisely why he has decided to keep his distance from me and his decision is on him, not me.

Some people have issues. End of story.

I know how hard it can be to be in this situation. My brother and I were always really close, but when he started dating his wife, he changed. I tried to talk to him, but it never went anywhere. It has now gotten to the point that we speak maybe 4 times per year. I have never held my niece and have only held my nephew once. My sister-in-law has taught them to speak Spanish as their primary language so she can communicate with them and we won't know what she is saying. But it doesn't stop there, our grandma never even got to meet her great-grandson because his wife didn't want to make the effort. My parents still defend him and make every effort to get to know the kids but are still like strangers every time they go to visit. I've just decided that it hurts too much to deal with. One of these days, he will wake up and see what he has lost and I will still be here. I just hope it isn't too late for my parents sake.

I would never bring in anyone else to this conversation. Especially not another family member. I was just glad to know that i was not the only one who felt this way.This is definitely between Josh, Heather, my fiance Bridget, and myself.

Josh actually called me late last night. He was clearly upset about things the both of us said. After a few silent minutes on the phone I suggested that we take a few days to let things digest before discussing things any further.

Thanks guy's for the words of wisdom. It will certainly be taken to heart.

Josh actually called me late last night. He was clearly upset about things the both of us said. After a few silent minutes on the phone I suggested that we take a few days to let things digest before discussing things any further.

Thanks guy's for the words of wisdom. It will certainly be taken to heart.

This is a great step. The fact that he was the one who called you after "ending" it means that he is still open to communicating. Find a place where the two of you can talk in person without a lot of people around so that you can hash things out.

The big thing you need to remember is that you want to try to work towards everyone getting along. If that is absolutely impossible, then there can still be a very strong bond between you and Josh that can work by doing guys nights and the like. Improve on the parts of the relationship that you can and accept the areas you cannot.