• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am in dietary hell....

garvey

My daughter received a book from a relative titled "The China Study" by T. Colin Campbell and she read it over the Christmas weekend. The basic premise is that scientific research into nutrition points to a vegan/macrobiotic diet leads to a healthier lifestyle and shows a higher probability of being beneficial to cardiovascular health and fighting cancer.

I read parts of the book and am openly skeptical, researched Campbell and there are indications that he's full of crap and manipulating data for his own vegan cause. That said, my wife and daughter seem to be in....

Point of fact: tonight's meal. I came home to a wonderfully smelling meal, sat down to eat, and was presented with 2 portabella mushroom caps stuffed with pesto potatoes, and a salad. It was alright (well, the salad was really good) -- and here I am 3 hours later starving. All I can see is this is my future....

I'm all for healthy living, but I cannot see myself living the vegan life. I tried the vegetarian life once before (8 years ago) and within 3 weeks I lost the will to eat. Food became absolutely no fun.

Now I'm back in the same place.

Is there anyone at CP who has successfully transitioned into a vegan/vegetarian life? Is there anyone who balances a vegan/non-vegan relationship?

Oh yeah, here's a good representation of what tonight's meal looked like.... And yes, I know.... :laugh:

stuffed-ports-2.jpg

I did a macrobiotic diet for over a year, a while back.

Not bad...also not vegan!

Whew.

Looks like those mushrooms would go really good with a steak! :p

What is the point of living longer if you aren't enjoying yourself? ???

You're either going to have to negotiate a compromise, or resign yourself to sneaking Big Macs on the way home from work, bro.

~Boar

This one really made me laugh! :laugh: Especially as I sit here and contemplate fixing beef wellington this weekend! :laugh:

This one really made me laugh! :laugh: Especially as I sit here and contemplate fixing beef wellington this weekend! :laugh:

Beef Wellington (Dave drools onto his veal steak) :whistling:

Yes my friend you are in Hell, I feel for you. I HAD to try that vegetarian thing a few years ago and I didn't make it past the first week.

I feel for you, bro. BTW, I just snacked on some pepperoni slices, an avocado, and a hardboiled egg. Damned good night snack. ;)

Wilkey

volunteer to do all the grocery shopping? Or get some meat propaganda and give it to your girl and let it filter up to your wife.

Ery

My father calls himself a vegetarian but still eats fish. I think a compromise is your best solution - you can eat healthy and still enjoy meats!

Stock up on the air freshener now. Trust me you will need it.

Just wear one of those hanging type air fresheners on your belt.

Oh; soy is the worst. Avoid, at all costs, any soy sausage substitute.

I could never do that. I need prime rib. I've tried eating healthy (salad), however a couple hours later I find myself starving, and having to go out and get In N Out, which really defeats the purpose of eating healthy. :)

LOL... I live in Indiana. I make a trek out to CA every now and then. Last May in LA I had my first experience with In N Out. Really good for fast food. Better than the crap we have out here.

But as a side note, start slippin' em laxatives with their food. It will bring their coup d'veggie to a crashing halt :D.