• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I assume these are all fake

Certainly look fake bro. Do you mind telling us where you bought them? I'm assuming not Cuba, correct?

Mike,

I have no idea. You know the story, a friend knows a friend. I suck.
Although the friend of the friend goes to Cuba alot. I dont believe anything anymore.
I need a nudge in the right direction for an unmentionable place.

Yep! Those box codes don't even look close. Sorry bro.

No idea what the EEU code is although that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Out of curiosity, do you have a black light? I am curious to know if the Warranty Seal on the boxes showed up correctly. You should be able to see a "ghosted" image in the middle/main part of the seal and the red serial code on the label should do some grovvy stuff. If you can check it out please post what you see. Pix would be even better.

The seal glows yellowish (cant see it without the blacklight) and the entire label glows white. The red serial code seems normal.
Both boxes did the same thing. I can try to take a pic, but my camera is not very good. What does this mean? Thanks

They Hoyo band on the left looks very fake to me, the one on the right is harder to tell but that also looks fake.

As for the black light, you should be able to see a "watermark" coat of arms that comes across as yellowish. Also, the serial number numbers should remain red but the 2 character code preceding them should be black (or very close to it).

I'm sorry. Counterfeit.

Wilkey

Wilkey was there one that tipped it in for you? For me it was this one.

2215048645_bdd805a635.jpg

Or was it the overall.

Vange, how come no pic's of the #2"s?

They Hoyo band on the left looks very fake to me, the one on the right is harder to tell but that also looks fake.
Yep. This was a pretty good tell, Chuck. The other problematic elements were the hologram sticker on the lid, the box code font, and the "Comintur" stamp on the box bottom. Oh yeah, and the puke lime green color of the seal ink.
As for the black light, you should be able to see a "watermark" coat of arms that comes across as yellowish.
Or pinkish, or yellowish-green.
Also, the serial number numbers should remain red but the 2 character code preceding them should be black (or very close to it).
Not necessarily. Some serial numbers will not glow red but remain blackish.
Wilkey

If the #2 box is fake (I did post that) should I even bother with the cigars?
They are now in my "to give to guests" humidor. Oh well.

Also, the serial number numbers should remain red but the 2 character code preceding them should be black (or very close to it).
Not necessarily. Some serial numbers will not glow red but remain blackish.
Wilkey

Ahhh, interesting Wilkey. I had a box of Monte's like that some time ago - the entire serial was sort of a dark, dark red with no bright standouts. Worried me a bit but the other stuff from that order was all good and the Monte's smoked real well :)
I assumed the issue with the number occured because my black light flashlight is fairly weak.

As for the black light, you should be able to see a "watermark" coat of arms that comes across as yellowish.
Or pinkish, or yellowish-green.
Wilkey

Mine generally show yellowish but I have seen pictures of that sort of rose hue on some seals. Again, I figured it was my lame light. Any rec's on a good one?

Edited to add:
Sorry Vange, that really sucks.

Mike,

I have no idea. You know the story, a friend knows a friend. I suck.
Although the friend of the friend goes to Cuba alot. I dont believe anything anymore.
I need a nudge in the right direction for an unmentionable place.

I'm sure your friend had good intentions. I just wouldn't let him buy me anymore cigars :thumbs:

Check out CP's sponsors or if you need any other advice, feel free to PM me.

Mine generally show yellowish but I have seen shots of that sort of rose hue. Again, I figured it was my lame light. Any rec's on a good one?
Any longwave UV light will work just fine. I use a small handheld unit that stamp and currency collectors use. The kind they sell for detecting pet urine stains will work as well. Do not get an LED unit as they typically do not emit in the right band (for example, the Inova X1 UV emits at 395nm, too short, will not light up the coat of arms).

Wilkey

I'm sure your friend had good intentions. I just wouldn't let him buy me anymore cigars :thumbs:

Check out CP's sponsors or if you need any other advice, feel free to PM me.

And of course more good advice is to read the forums and do some searches because this place can save you BIG bucks if you read and pay attention.

My assistant just went to Turkey and Dubai. Before he left he looked at me and said "Do you want me to buy....." We both started laughing because he knows the answer. Before CP I would have just said sure get me some.

If the #2 box is fake (I did post that) should I even bother with the cigars?
They are now in my "to give to guests" humidor. Oh well.
I just like pictures is all. No real need.

Any longwave UV light will work just fine. I use a small handheld unit that stamp and currency collectors use. The kind they sell for detecting pet urine stains will work as well. Do not get an LED unit as they typically do not emit in the right band (for example, the Inova X1 UV emits at 395nm, too short, will not light up the coat of arms).

Wilkey

Wait, 395nm is too short? I thought the range only went to 400?