• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I can't believe...

JHawk

Just Another La Flor Whore
I was bord today at work, so I decided to add up the amount I have paid for my cigars. I only figured the ones I have on hand -- and didn't add in the value of gifted smokes. It was THREE TIMES what I thought it would be! :blush:
I won't post the amount -- a few people would think I am bragging and the majority of people on here would probably think "that's all??"
I will say the average price was about $7 -- I would have thought it would be around $4.50 or $5.

I've done this a few times, and have always been similarly shocked by my findings. The standard procedure after I arrive at the sum is to say, "My desktop is full, so I'll stop buying until I have room to fit more smokes." Within a few months, I sum the amount that I have paid again and say to my self, "My coolidor is full, so I'll stop buying until I have room to fit more smokes." :laugh:

I am going to try to not buy anything for a while... of course Litto is coming to town on September 12th! :whistling:

I was bord today at work, so I decided to add up the amount I have paid for my cigars. I only figured the ones I have on hand -- and didn't add in the value of gifted smokes. It was THREE TIMES what I thought it would be! :blush:
I won't post the amount -- a few people would think I am bragging and the majority of people on here would probably think "that's all??"
I will say the average price was about $7 -- I would have thought it would be around $4.50 or $5.

Yeah...I know what you mean. I've found that my cigar acquisition rate increased in dramatic fashion after I joined CP!

I was bord today at work, so I decided to add up the amount I have paid for my cigars.

Now why would you go and do a foolish thing like that? :p

x2... I don't think I'd ever do this. The results could be scary. :D

Good luck resisting at the La Flor Dominicana event. If you can get out of that without buying anything, you're a better man than I... he makes some tasty smokes!

Barry

I tell myself several times a week that I'm going to stop for a while...and something good always seems to pop up on special somewhere. Always. Until recently, I was using the "my humidor is too full" excuse, but I just bought another one. Now I have to tell myself some other crap...that I can easily rationalize my way out of when a special comes up. :)

I do this too when I keep track of my inventory. My stash is sitting at a $8.81 average price per stick. Not only is it nice to see your average, onhand and lifetime amount but you can also track the changing prices of cigars. I've noticed almost a %15 a stick increase in the last 6 months.

I have yet to do this and doubt I will. I bet my wife has a running tally in her head of how much I've spent though.

Being a newb, my collection isn't that large that calculating my expense would be that difficult. But since joining CP three months ago, I've decided I need more room for future purchases. So, I'm building a coolidor. Yes, I should be building a bigger one. I'm definitely learning that the enjoyment of herfing is expensive.

I don't even want to know, because since joining CP i have had to make a coolerdor and bought another desktop (150ct) so htat makes 3 humi's and 1 coolerdor for know :)

I haven't bought a single cigar in about 3 months. Since beginning the build of my house I've stopped buying.

I certainly don't want to know how much money I've spent...I'm sure it's sickening, hehe.

If I was to do that, I might have to answer when asked. "I haven't kept track" is a much safer answer.

If I was to do that, I might have to answer when asked. "I haven't kept track" is a much safer answer.

I have to say that I agree with this philosophy. My wife doesn't make a big deal about my expenditures, but I'd sure feel badly for what I've spent so far, and not buy the things I wanted in the future. Unfortunately, I tried controlling my purchases by limiting my available humi space. Now I'm looking for space to stash a coolerdor that won't annoy my wife.

I've always try to buy a box or two of cheap cigars to give to people who don't smoke fine cigars and won't know the difference anyway. That keeps my average price per stick ratio lower....