• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I couldn't wait anymore.

Wayno

I wanted to try something different that I haven't ever smoked before, so after doing a ton of research about these particular cigars, I ordered them.
I ended up purchasing:

1 box of SANCHA PANZA DOUBLE MADURO QUIXOTE's 4 1/2" x 50

1 box of SANCHA PANZA EXTRA FUERTE PAMPALONA's 4 1/2" x 50

2 of the 5 packs of CAO L'ANNIVERSAIRE MADUROS 5" x 50

1 Bundle of the EL MEJOR ESPRESSO TORPEDOS 6.5" x 54 (Made by Nestor Placencia in Esteli, Nicaragua with a Mexican Maduro wrapper)

I heard very good reviews about all 4 cigars and am waiting anxiously to get my order so I can try them out. I like the coffee and cocoa flavors in a cigar and that's why I chose the above selection.:D

One of our BOTLs out here got a few of the Mejor's in a Friday Night Fight from CI.

He loves them. He gave me one, but it's still asleep.

Yeah, the El Mejors are supposed to be really tasty. Plus, they are made from a Mexican Maduro wrapper and are made in Nicaragua. I think that Nicaraguan made cigars are better than some of the Dominican and Honduran made ones. The people at CI swear that this particular cigar has a lot of flavor to it, especially the coffee and cocoa flavors which I really love.
I hope that its flavor and taste stands up to what others have said about it that have smoked it.

Hiya Wayno!

Nice choice on the Sancho Panzas. I love those and have 4 different sized of the DMs and the EFs in my collection right now. Interestingly enough, the most potent by far (IMHO) is the Corona sized ones!!

I luv the Sancho Panza line. I have only had the cordoba sized ones. SO far they have not disappointed. And you cant beat the pirce per stick. ENJOY!

The Sanchos are excellent smokes, and CAO maduro is good as well. I have really wanted to try the El Mejors, please post a review!

The Sanchos are excellent smokes, and CAO maduro is good as well. I have really wanted to try the El Mejors, please post a review!

Oh yeah, I will "DEFINITELY" post a review on the El Mejors. The ONLY ones which Cigars International is currently selling are the Torpedos. They don't have any Robustos, Toros or Churchills. The lady on the telephone told me that they NEVER got any of the Robustos, Toros or Churchills in. They ONLY have the 6 1/2" x 54 Torpedos in stock. I personally think that you cannot beat the price on the El Mejors at $44.95 per bundle of 20 cigars.
I will fill everyone in on how they taste when I get them in and smoke a few.

As for the Sancho Panza Double Maduro and Extra Fuertes, I have read really excellent reviews on BOTH of these cigars. And the price per box is phenominally CHEAP! Much cheaper than the El Mejor Maduro Torpedos.

And as for the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduros, I have heard "mixed" reviews about them, but I still want to try them anyways because I like the flavor and taste of maduro cigars. If the L'Anniversaire Maduros that I got taste and smoke good, I will get a whole box the next time I order more cigars. My humis are now almost full and I hope that there's enough space for all of the cigars that I just ordered. :D

Can't go wrong on the Panzas! I really like the double maduros, I wasn't as hot on the extra fuente like I thought I would be, but for the price..either one is a mighty good smoke in my book. :D

I'm anxious to hear how ya like the others!

I'm surprised that you would pull the trigger on full boxes of cigars that you've never tried but the SPs are nice smokes, so it will prob be okay as long as you like maddys.

I like maduros but one of the sticks that never did it for me was the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro. Dunno why, but I just do not like the taste all that much. But, as you said, many folks do indeed enjoy them, and you only got a 10er.

Above all, though, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the nice sticks! :thumbs:

I'm surprised that you would pull the trigger on full boxes of cigars that you've never tried but the SPs are nice smokes, so it will prob be okay as long as you like maddys.

I like maduros but one of the sticks that never did it for me was the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduro. Dunno why, but I just do not like the taste all that much. But, as you said, many folks do indeed enjoy them, and you only got a 10er.

Above all, though, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the nice sticks! :thumbs:

Thank you Stevehawk.
I really LOVE Maduros a lot. I really didn't want to purchase 2 full boxes of Sancho Panza cigars, but they are much cheaper than a decent bundle of cigars, so I said what the heck. If worse comes to worse and I don't like them, I will give them away and make room inside my humidor for something else. As for the CAO L'Anniversaire Maduros, I only purchased two 5 packs of the Robustos. I didn't want to get a whole box of the CAO's because they are double the price of the Sancho Panza and I am not sure if I am going to like them. So, two 5 packs will be enough to make me decide whether or not I want to pursue and buy a whole box the next time I reorder more cigars. If I like them, I will. If not, I will get something different next time. At least, by not purchasing a whole box of the CAO's, I saved $35 which I put towards the El Mejor Torpedo bundle. :thumbs:
I wouldn't have even spent the $44.95 for the El Mejor Torpedo bundle if I could of purchased a few singles or a 5 pack of the El Mejor Maduros, but CI doesn't sell any singles or any singles or 5 packs of this particular bundled cigar. And I was really drouling over the sight of these cigars after I read the reviews on them about how they have a cocoa and coffee flavor and taste to them. I have been eyeing the El Mejors for a few months now, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to try another Maduro. I also didn't have much room inside my humidor for another bundled cigar. Right now, I got to try to make more room in my humidor for the purchased that I just made. I don't smoke a lot of cigars because I don't smoke everyday. I got to smoke more cigars to deplete my current stock to make more room for the purchases that I just made. :)
I don't like owing a lot of money on my credit card for cigars. The last time I purchased cigars was just before Christmas time. I still have a lot of stock in my humidors. I'm already in the whole for $221 for everything that I just purchased.

Let the CAOs rest for a bit before smoking.
I found that patience with most of their line benefits them greatly.
They start to shine after 6 months in my experience.

-Rob

Let the CAOs rest for a bit before smoking.
I found that patience with most of their line benefits them greatly.
They start to shine after 6 months in my experience.

-Rob

I will take your advice on that. I still have 2 full boxes of unsmoked Padron 1926's and Padron #35's in Maduro that I haven't even opened and touched since I purchased them before Christmas time. They already have over 6 months of age on them. I will probably age the CAO's for a few months and only smoke 1 or 2 of the CAO's after I get them. It will all depend on whether or not I want to smoke the El Mejors and the Sancha Panzas first when I get them. It's going to be a hard decision.