• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I did something stupid.

cybrok

Ok, first, yes I was drunk.

I have a cigar case, inside is wood, outside is leather.

I went outside to smoke a cigar, but it was WAY too cold, so I had to let it die. The cigar went back to the case. I tried to smoke it later, but it tasted like crap, and that's not even the stupid part.

The case now smells like an ashtray, and I'm affraid to put any cigar inside now.

Is there a way to "clean" the case of it's smell?

Sorry, but you can't fix stupid in this case!

You can try to just open her up and air her out for about six months. Best shot you'll have most likely.

Febreze?

:D

Can you take the cedar out? If so, you can try to sand it down a little.

By the way, this type of topic has been discussed only on a larger scale, check the 'humidor' forum.

Turn it into something dangerous. Makeshift taser, maybe. Heck, I'll give you $5 for it, and do it myself.

Rosewater. Its cheap, and used in food prep for removal of burnt smell and taste. put it in a shallow bowl and change it often. WKOTI tried an experiment in a tuperdoor and it seemed to work.

Let us know how it works.

PJ

You could try baking soda. It's used to take the stink out of funky fridge smells, it may work for your case if you can figure out a way to hold it in there.

Use sandpaper or an emery board to lightly sand the
surface of the cedar lining. This should eliminate
most/all of the odor.

Chemyst :cool:

This same thing happened to me a few years ago on New Years Eve with a 5 count Herf-a-dor. The baking soda didn't work, so I pitched it. If I had known about the rosewater, I definitely would've tried it first.

Most likely you will have to write this case off as a loss. Try the rose water first though, then the sanding if that does not work. IMHO...it is likely that neither option would work. Airing it out will take ages...certainly not worth it.