• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I didn;t know JR Cigars sold ISOM cigars

mhn

ISOM.gif

ISOM
Handmade NIC
Wrapper: H98C Binder: SECRET Filler: SECRET
Full Bodied
Handcrafted in Esteli, Nicaragua, the ISOM (eye-S-oh-em) is a revolutionary new blend using the recently smuggled Havana 98 Criollo seed wrapper. This rustic sun grown leaf has been paired with a very spicy blend of select filler leaf making the ISOM a very peppery, robust smoke.

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

Wait a minute: "Binder: SECRET Filler: SECRET" Are they actually trying to make people think that it's got a Cuban binder and filler? That's kinda sad.

O.K. This is probably a stupid question, but how do they smke? ??? Has anyone ever tried one?

sibernation said:
O.K. This is probably a stupid question, but how do they smke? ??? Has anyone ever tried one?
Everytime I'm in a JR's I think to myeslf "self, that has to be one of the cheapest I've ever seen!" I don't buy one out of protest.

That's would be like Dell's introducing a new computer line called PC (peez, not pee-see). :sign:

Cheers,
Dixie

So nobodies tried these? Is this possibly for real or what? I'd give it a shot if I thought it was true. What do you all think????

tschoon said:
So nobodies tried these? Is this possibly for real or what? I'd give it a shot if I thought it was true. What do you all think????
I think the filler is Nicaraguan, Peruvian Ligero, and possibly a little Brazilian to add earthiness flavor. They aren't that great. Pretty spicy with a kick. They may have been rushed to the market a little too quickly. I do think time might help these cigars, but they will never more than a yard gar. If you want spicy and strong: Partagas Black, Flor de Allones, Montecruz Negra Cubana, Bolivar Fuerte, and La Joya de Nicaragua in that order. The JdN's actually taste best to me, but are way to fricken strong fro me to even attempt to smoke more. Maybe after 6 years humidor time I could really like them.

Emo

BACCHUS has some that he sent to me. Churchill size.

They're OK. Not great, not disappointing. I wrote a review that got lost in the l40 debacle.

I have one from my pass I haven't tried yet. I like Perdomo stuff usually so I'm hoping to like it. "The Cigar" I had from the pass was a little disapointing the other night. It had a really weird burn problem. The wrapper kept going out while the middle kept burning. A real tunneling problem not to be belived. Like I said, I like Perdomo so it was disapointing for me.

Sounds like it was too wet Gibu. I have that trouble when my himi is too high. ???

As someone wrote above, the ISOM is a Perdomo product, and I made the tragic mistake of buying a box of them because they are so cheap. If you are a new cigar smoker, you might like them, but they are utterly flavorless to my palate. It's like sucking wind. :( In fact, they are no better than the flavorless SRO that Lew Rothman is so disappointed with.

Take care, Bacchus