• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I felt compelled to share.

beastinem

Even though I have only been a member for a few months and I have never met any of you in real life, I felt compelled to share my good news from today.

#1 - I had my bi-yearly CT scan done on Monday and found out today that I am still cancer free. One year and 7 months strong and counting. I had a year and a half long battle with bone cancer that metastasized to my lungs. But it is all in the past now.

#2 - After a year and a half of headaches and let downs trying to get a job after losing my last one back in 2007 due to my cancer, I finally have hope. Today I was interviewed for a job in Afghanistan working as a Marine Support Contractor making very good money. He said I was a perfect fit for the position and that he is passing my name up to HR. If all goes well, I will be in A-Stan by mid September. My wife works over there for Lockheed Martin. And even though I would not work near her or with the same company, it will be nice with both of us making money over there. So any prayers and good wishes in hopes that I land this job would be appreciated.

The downside is I will be leaving my dog (literally my best friend) behind. She was there for me through cancer even if it sounds corny. It will be sad, but it will only be for a year. Hopefully she still remembers me when I get back.

I guess I will have to keep my gars on ice for now. I will get somebody to look after my humi and keep it in order. Maybe those gars will be a nice welcome home gift when I get home in a year :) I have about one of each of the Opus X riping in the humi now. I hear they get better with age. I guess I will find out.

Sorry if this email is a little personal. As I said, I just felt compelled to share the good news.

-Zach

Congratulations! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the job.

Best of luck! Hoping they contact you with a job offer.
And congrats on the cancer free news. Stay strong and hopefully in another 6 months you'll let us know you're still cancer free.

Congrats on the good news and good luck with the job offer! :)

Congrats dude! That are what forums are all about! Good luck and watch your 6 in A-stan! Turbans and AK's every where.

Congrats Zach! That is great news! Good luck with the job and keep up posted about the cancer.

Congrats on the recovery and best of luck with the job.

Steve

Sure feels good to hit the net and read some good news like this! Congrats on your cancer milestone! Well keep our fingers crossed for you get that job. Best of luck!!

Zach that is awesome to hear brother! They say when it rains, it pours (but only for a little bit).

Congrate beastinem on being cancer free, and congrats on the job prospect as well. Hope you land the gig and are dumping sand out of your boots by mid-September. Dogs are loyal...and they remember. You won't have to worry, your friend will remember you on your return. Don't be remiss in setting yourself up with a big Pelican or Cigar Caddy...you'll want to have some smokes with you out there. Oh...and if you need anyone to take care of your Opus X...please feel free to mail them to me...thanks.

Congrats on being cancer free oand good luck on the job opportunity. Keep us informed on how the A-stan thing progresses. Fingers are crossed for you!

S.

Congrats on beating the big c and I hope everything goes well with the job! Good luck to you sir, and yes, you will want to bring a few smokes with you or have someone send them to you when you get there. keep your head down!

This post put such a smile on my face! Congratulations on beating cancer - that's amazing.

I know what it's like to lose a job! Hoping you get that new job, sounds like the perfect opportunity. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Oh, and I know what you mean about leaving a friend behind...I had to leave my cat behind when I moved away and it was tough, but she still remembered me after all those long months. Your dog won't forget you :)

Congrate beastinem on being cancer free, and congrats on the job prospect as well. Hope you land the gig and are dumping sand out of your boots by mid-September. Dogs are loyal...and they remember. You won't have to worry, your friend will remember you on your return. Don't be remiss in setting yourself up with a big Pelican or Cigar Caddy...you'll want to have some smokes with you out there. Oh...and if you need anyone to take care of your Opus X...please feel free to mail them to me...thanks.
I concur!

Congrats, Brother! Definitely great news. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and if the rain stops gonna smoke a good cigar in your honor! Don't worry about your dog. If she's been with you through everything there is no way she could forget! They are amazing creatures.

Best wishes to you! :thumbs:

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Things are looking good for the job. I am going through the hiring process right now (filling out paperwork, medical screening, etc.). If all goes well and I get the job, I would be leaving around the 7th of next month.

*fingers crossed*

Good luck on your job prospect and an even bigger congratulations on beating the C! :thumbs:

I lost my dog for 5 years and he still remembered me when I found him again at the Humane Society, so I have no worries for your best friend. A little sad for both of you while you have to make your stake in this life, but I'm sure once you come home, the friendship will be inseparable again.

X2 on the pelican case!