• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got 10 cigar boxes FOR FREE :)

mementomori

Long time friend of mine is going out of cigar smoking business . His collection is very impressive , probably couple of 1000's if not more , well ... yes , he is pretty rich , he used to run few large businesses around Chicago area . For years of playing chess and beeing good friend he offered me 10 free boxes of diffrent cigars and another 10 later this year for some special event . I took the first 10 but i have doubts about taking another 10 , i think it might be too much . I mean enough is enough , my palate wants next 10 but i really have to think about what is right .

Take 'em and smoke 'em or someone else will. So are we talking boxes of Don Elias here or something a little more impressive?

Good thing I am in chicago. I can help you sample all the cigars! :D

They are Gifted cigars. Be it 1 cigar or 50 boxes of cigars. A gift is a gift. Unless your friend tells you to do what ever you want with them they should be treated as gifted cigars. Put them in a coolidor & when you want one smoke it.

DG

This thread is worthless without pics...

:sign: :sign:

This thread is worthless without pics...

:sign: :sign:

Very true. Take them and enjoy them. Share them with friends, give them away generously just as you received them I say. If he is offering them to you he trusts you to do well with them, i would take advantage of it and share the wealth.

Sounds like a very kind friend who knows you will enjoy them.

He probably takes more pleasure in giving them to you then you do in taking.

So go ahead, as long as he is offering then he is doing it because he wants to.

They are Gifted cigars. Be it 1 cigar or 50 boxes of cigars. A gift is a gift. Unless your friend tells you to do what ever you want with them they should be treated as gifted cigars. Put them in a coolidor & when you want one smoke it.

DG

X2, Gifting these sticks after they were given would be like re-gifting a bomb from here to another member.

If you feel awkward, share it with him - I mean, if the man's giving you ten boxes of cigars, you should be able to talk frankly with him and suggest that you don't feel comfortable accepting 10 boxes for personal use alone. Selling or re-gifting is clearly out of the question, but donating to the troops (there are Canadian cigar smokers in Afghanistan, too, might I add) or holding a "charity auction" of sorts, with his consent, would also honor his gift as an act of human kindness and generosity.

Well i did not take them , i mean not all of them , had a fight with wife over it , i had to give back some boxes , she said i'm crazy and greedy and taking advantage and all that shit talk , so finally took 5 boxes , all aged few years : 2X Punch DC , Siglo 5 and 2X monte millenium in a jar. I don't know , maybe after all she was right , gifts are always welcome but with moderation .

2X Punch DC , Siglo 5 and 2X monte millenium in a jar

If you feel REAL bad about taking those Monte Milles, you can always send them to me. :D

I'm not sure, maybe I missed something? Dude's well off, has quit smoking, and wants to gift these smokes to you. Yeah, my wife would be pissed alright. Not because I would have taken them, but because she didn't get anything. :laugh:

He wants to find a good home for his cigars....he considers you a good enough friend for the adoptions...I wouldn't say anything more to him...if he offers the other ten boxes accept them graciously...I know it sounds corny but "giving" does make one feel good as well (versus receiving...okay I hear the jokes coming)...let him have that ;).....Cheers

I've been following this thread and living vicariously through mementomori, closing my eyes and imagining someone gave me a whole bunch of boxes of cigars. :)

Weak humor aside, I don't get the part of limiting a gift from the receiving end... honest. I do see getting a bit self conscious when you are the target of unbridled largess, I imagine most of us have been on the receiving end of that. On the other hand, when I have been fortunate enough to be on the giving end, I'd been crushed if the recipient of my generosity turned me down.

This person, who no longer has a use for all these smokes, chose you to have them. What exactly is the concern? I mean this without sarcasm or guile (never hurts to clarify.)

That the brothers and sisters here are legendary for their generosity; hardly a day goes by when someone is "bitching" that they have been bombed. How would the launcher of such a thing feel if they got back half the sticks with a note stating that it was just too much generosity?

Just my take, though, but I'm genuinely curious why an honest gift would be excessive to the point one would be compelled to limit or refuse it.