• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got beat! Journey to Chateau Fugazi

vinnyvega

I purchased a Journey to Chateau de Fuente from CigarBid. When it arrived, in the cello, this is what I found.

nd4wwg.jpg

1rvfxx.jpg

sde975.jpg

2n9wdw0.jpg

I think this maybe the only one in existence. I bet you Moki doesn't even have one of these in his collection. :laugh:

Is that a Don Carlos with a Opus band also?

Maybe CI is in the ebay business. :)

Is that a Don Carlos with a Opus band also?

Maybe CI is in the ebay business. :)

No, the Opus smells like a Padron 3000. If you look closely, the band is put on upside down with scotch tape. All the cellos are wrinkled and the black ribbon has been re applied with thin piece of tape. I got a good laugh though. I can't wait to hear what CI has to say.

Wow that sucks, and I was going to pull the tirgger on that too. I hope you get your goods worth out of those guys.

Kudos to the customer service at CI. New box being sent out today, no question asked. They did say that if they had opened it for inspection there would have been a sticker on it saying so. Something funny going on at the Fuente farm.

One possibility;
- Sleazeball ripoff sales guy ran out of OR Anejo's so he figures he'll pull a fast one on CI.
- Orders the box set.
- Does the old "swaparoo" with the smokes
- Returns the box for a refund
- Lame ass in CI returns opens it, sees cigars, figures it's OK, puts it back in stock
- You get it, know better, and the rest is on the record.

Not making excuses, just thinking out loud about one possibility. Can't believe the Fuente's would have let something like that slide.

Good luck - B.B.S.

I don't think the Fuentes would have something like slide either. Definitely a possibility, Tom.

So was it still sealed when you received it?

Sure was. I would have to guess that it was on CI's end. They open boxes for inspection. It would be easy for someone to swap them out like Tom said. After they inspect them, a sticker goes on the box that says 'Opened for Inspection'. If they do not put a sticker on them, who would know. The guy on the other end who purchases the box and gets a little chuckle when they arrive.

Is there anyone within Arturo Fuente you send the box to?
I would be very curious to see what they have to say about this.

Don't bother contacting Prometheus. They don't care.

I thought we were done with that guy. Do you have to keep bringing it up?

Kudos to the customer service at CI. New box being sent out today, no question asked. They did say that if they had opened it for inspection there would have been a sticker on it saying so. Something funny going on at the Fuente farm.

I highly doubt that. More likely someone @ CI raided the box.

Is there anyone within Arturo Fuente you send the box to?
I would be very curious to see what they have to say about this.

They would say that this is not how the cigars left the factory. The cellos should not be wrinkled the way they are, the bands would never be taped on (they'd just use a new band), and most of all, they'd get the cigars right:

http://www.fuenteagedselection.com/main/product/journey2008.htm

Someone @ Prometheus, or more likely, CI absconded with the proper cigars, and hoped no one would notice.

I'm more concerned that CI is buying from someplace that is unscrupulous. They already get volume discounts from most manufacturers, why do they need to stoop so low as to buy on the "gray market"?