• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got my first Anejos!

dk_ace

I left work early yesterday to make a trip to the B&M. It was a good thing I did, because they were down to one box of Anejo's (46's). They were $10 each, and I just couldn't help myself. I picked up four of them (unfortunately I'd already spent too much on cigars this month). I missed the Sharks by minutes (an employee bought the whole box), but after some searching on here it appears that there isn't much difference between the two. The 46's will be just fine for finding out what all the fuss is about.

I just might smoke one today! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

D

make sure you eat a lil before you indulge! :) I hope you like them, if not, more for everyoen else. :laugh:

At least you have a local shop that has (had) some. I haven't been able to find one in my area. :angry:
The one store I expected to have some, told me they would get "a" box around christmas time.
Enjoy the one you'll smoke today. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family, and everybody else.

Happy Turkey Day, bro...but beware: It's all down hill from here. :whistling:

I missed the Sharks by minutes (an employee bought the whole box), but after some searching on here it appears that there isn't much difference between the two. The 46's will be just fine for finding out what all the fuss is about.
IMO, there's a huge difference between the two. Besides the fact that they are completely different vitola's, they smoke and taste different...I love the Shark, I do enjoy the 46 though.

Brian

Vin I think Two Brothers has em in Plano...at least they did as of Wednesday. They ALSO have the new Liga Privada #9 from Drew Estates.

We'll be there for our Post Turkey Day Crawl around 3pm on Friday.

I missed the Sharks by minutes (an employee bought the whole box), but after some searching on here it appears that there isn't much difference between the two. The 46's will be just fine for finding out what all the fuss is about.
IMO, there's a huge difference between the two. Besides the fact that they are completely different vitola's, they smoke and taste different...I love the Shark, I do enjoy the 46 though.

Brian

I know that there is some difference between the two. What I meant was that I went looking for sharks to see what Anejos were like, but all I could get were the 46's. The threads I read basically led me to believe that I could get a feel for the Anejo with either vitola. I have no doubt they're different, but they should be somewhat similar in flavor. I may know the difference for myself, because I just got an e-mail saying there were two sharks with my name on them. If they don't sell them from under me, I'll be picking them up tonight.

D

I have a distinct feeling that while these may be your first, they definitely won't be your last.

Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the club that constantly seeks Anejos.

I cant believe they let an employeee buy the box. Thats bad business. Oh well at least you got some. the 77 is definatly the top of the line for anejo and has a richer darker and more complex taste to it. At least you will get the idea, they all have the same BASIC taste. I would definatly say something about the employee buying the rarest box of smokes the stores likely too see until next holiday season. :angry:

I cant believe they let an employeee buy the box. Thats bad business. Oh well at least you got some. the 77 is definatly the top of the line for anejo and has a richer darker and more complex taste to it. At least you will get the idea, they all have the same BASIC taste. I would definatly say something about the employee buying the rarest box of smokes the stores likely too see until next holiday season. :angry:

Yeah, I was pretty bummed out about that, but supposedly another shop in the area is holding two sharks for me until this evening, so I'll still get to try them. This store doesn't limit purchases (or at least it hasn't limited anything that I know of), which can be a good or a bad thing depending on which side of the coin you're on. I didn't get any sharks, but I have been able to purchase Opus and Anejo's for slightly more than retail for myself and my friends without limit. I still think they should limit the employees, but I think that this employee just works light part-time stuff for smokes, so he isn't the typical employee I suppose.

D

Turns out my local B&M was just messing with me when they told me $19.50 for each #77 over the phone on Wed.
The owner set aside five at no cost, for me helping him get a really good deal on a 2003 Ford Expedition the County I work for was surplusing. :thumbs:

Turns out my local B&M was just messing with me when they told me $19.50 for each #77 over the phone on Wed.
The owner set aside five at no cost, for me helping him get a really good deal on a 2003 Ford Expedition the County I work for was surplusing. :thumbs:

Everyone gets what they deserve at some point John! ;) That would make my week for sure!

If you folks up in McKinney/Plano area want to drive out to Grapevine, you can find 5 different sizes of Anejos here.
http://www.grapevinecigars.com/

Actually, this particular shop was out of 77's within hours. They did still have some singles of the other 4 sizes... but that was on Wednesday...

mac

I don't doubt it. I stopped by on Tue about 2 hours after they got the shipment in and I was able to buy only 3 sticks. I got a 50, a 46 and a Shark. They told me that they were limiting everyone to 3 sticks, any size. I'm glad I got there when I did if they were out of Sharks in hours.

Everyone gets what they deserve at some point John! ;) That would make my week for sure!
Well said Charlie...although I would say that these days it's At all times..Karma is instant, what you put out you get back ten fold, so watch out!

Brian

Well I will get to decide for myself how similar the 46 and the 77 are, because a different B&M held three of the 77s for me. I just picked them up, and I can't wait to burn one of them. Now the question is how long should I wait before setting one on fire?

D