• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got my first Anejos!

The 50 that I smoked 2 nights ago was right out of the shop's humidor. The other 2 that I got, I am going to let sit in my humidor at home for 3-4 days to envelop the flavors in there. But the one right out of the B&M's humidor was excellent.

This might be it for the Anejos this year. This line is only out twice a year so for Christmas this might be it. I do know there is suppose to be another shipment of Opus out before Christmas or so I was told by the rep. Only time will tell at least for Atlanta that is the situation.

Well I will get to decide for myself how similar the 46 and the 77 are, because a different B&M held three of the 77s for me. I just picked them up, and I can't wait to burn one of them. Now the question is how long should I wait before setting one on fire?

D

Good question D. I have been trying to get some feedback from the community regarding just how long to let Anejo/Opus rest... or if rest/age will improve the taste/performance of these cigars. I haven't really gotten much feedback from anyone. A good friend of mine (and a long time lurker on this board ;)... sup buddy) has told me time and time again, "leave 'em alone"... and "don't waste 'em". I have come to respect his word on cigars.

So I guess in a perfect world you would have some of last years Anejo/Opus supply for this year... and this years will be resting nicely for next year. But like I said before... if they smoke good young... I say smoke 'em.

mac

I missed the Sharks by minutes (an employee bought the whole box), but after some searching on here it appears that there isn't much difference between the two. The 46's will be just fine for finding out what all the fuss is about.
IMO, there's a huge difference between the two. Besides the fact that they are completely different vitola's, they smoke and taste different...I love the Shark, I do enjoy the 46 though.

Brian

I couldn't agree more. I for instance, love the 50, but could go the rest of my life without puting a torch to a 49.

I just picked up my first Anejos this afternoon also. 46s. I'm looking forward to enjoying what seems to bring so much pleasure to all the Fuente whores here!

My opinion is if you have a few, I would smoke one after it settled down for a week or so to get the humidity right, then let them sit. Smoke one maybe 6 months out or whenever you can't wait any longer, but make sure a couple make it to the year mark. They definitely improve with time, but if you don't check them out young, you won't have a baseline for comparison. Plus it is so hard to let those bad boys sit.

Just got my hands on some 48's and 55's. To celebrate, I sparked up a 48 from 2006. Definitely worth the wait. After 1 year, I was thrilled :( to see 6-7 beautiful white- green blotches of the famous Fuente "plume" (wiped off easily enough and IMO didn't affect the taste).

Thanks guys! I think I'll smoke one of the sharks in a few weeks, and save the rest for later.

D