• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got my new/first humidor! Hygrometer question.

Connor

Today I was driving home with my mom from my appointment with the surgeon(surgery recovery is going way better than expected, still no cigars though) and we somehow got on the topic of cigars/storage or something, I asked if she had a tupperware container she could part with and she brought up the idea of a humidor. I went to the tobacco shop to buy some cigars (two Quorum Shades (my favorite!) and three others that I don't remember but looked good) and after I grabbed them I asked the dude in the shop about humidors. He showed me the humidors and stuff and one caught my eye(a 25 count) and then he mentioned the next step up was only $10 more(holds around 50-100 I don't know lol). I was immediately sold and bought it, along with a digital hygrometer(although the humidifier is going away once we get more 69%-72% humidipaks in stock hehe). I have it seasoning with distilled water at the moment, now to wait 24 hours for the move from a plastic bag with a humidipak to a proper humidor.

Congrats on the first step in admitting your addiction! Get some beads. You're welcome. ;)

Congrats! Hopefully the humidor will season quickly, mine is finally getting there after a month. Let that healing finish!

Agreed here. Congrats! Before you know it that thing will be full to the brim and you'll need a bigger one. Happens to everyone :)
Allen

Sadly, this is where I stand. Saving up my pennies for a proper cabinet, :laugh:

Congrats! This is only the beginning. Now you will be looking at cutters, lighters, travel cases, tubes, and of course bigger humidors. But it will all be worth it!

Congrats indeed and I fully agree with everyone above, soon that thing will be full and you will need a bigger one. I started with a 25 just like you and while I still have that 25 count I also have TWO 200 count Don Salvitores and am currently building a 1000 count all of which will probably be packed to the brim.

Congrats indeed and I fully agree with everyone above, soon that thing will be full and you will need a bigger one. I started with a 25 just like you and while I still have that 25 count I also have TWO 200 count Don Salvitores and am currently building a 1000 count all of which will probably be packed to the brim.

This one is a 50 or a 100 I'm not sure lol.

The hygrometer read 90%, so I let it sit overnight once again, and it still read 90%, I held the calibration button, and now it reads 75%, is it ready for me to put cigars in it or what?

The hygrometer read 90%, so I let it sit overnight once again, and it still read 90%, I held the calibration button, and now it reads 75%, is it ready for me to put cigars in it or what?

How are you calibrating that Hygrometer? Salt test?

Congrats BOTL. That's another step toward full submersion in our culture. ;)

Don't jump the gun with throwing cigars in just because your hygo is reading 75%. I am sure you have read the "How to season your humidor" thread that is pinned in the humidor section. If not, I suggest you read it.

Throwing sticks in earlier than you should will cause nothing but problems, not only with your sticks, but also the humidor.

Also, make sure that you salt test the hygo, that is the best way to get a accurate reading.

Why is this thread here and why are you guys answering questions when there are pinned instructions?

The hygrometer is reading correctly, and the humidity percentage also changes here and there, which is normal. I put my cigars in them yesterday, so far they're doing well.

Why is this thread here and why are you guys answering questions when there are pinned instructions?

This. Plus, he's not even listening to the answers he's given.

I've been reading and following everything that's been said in this thread and have been taking proper steps to ensure my humidor and my cigars are kept in good condition. I read the sticky on salt testing and all of the stickies about humidors before I even considered purchasing mine. This was a thread that was intended to be me saying "I am excited about my new humidor!," not me asking questions about mine lol, I'm sorry that it turned out to be that way.