• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I Got Rooked...

Look on the bright side. Castro didn't get your money.

Doc.

Somebody is keeping a list of SamClemmons stuff. Who will volunteer to make a collection of Doc's aphorisms?

Doc,

Your comment just brought tears to my eyes, and sent me looking for my screen cleaner.

It is now part of my sig, unless, you object, then I will remove it.

Tim

This post/query reminds me of an episode of Cops I watched.

Some junkie calls the Ft. Worth PD and she complains that she was attempting to buy crack cocaine and the "dealer" took her 20 bucks and then refused to tender the crack.

"I came to her house to buy crack, gave her $20 and now she won't give me the crack!"

Brilliant.

That's kinda the same deal here.

You go into the store, you know what yer gettin' yourself into and then bemoan getting the shaft. Regardless of the issue of some B&M claiming to peddle in contraband, the more pressing issue is that is hardly appropriate for you to cry foul.

I wasn't "crying foul" or "bemoaning getting the shaft" MiamiCubano; I believe I made it clear I knew what I was getting into. My problem lies in the fact that this "merchant" finds it to be OK to try to pawn-off fake contraband goods to his customers. It seems bad-business to me.

I wanted to warn my fellow BOTL's of this establishment, not to spend their hard-earned money in a place that would take advantage of customers for a quick buck.

Much has been said about the "Solo" site. I think this B&M is worse, because they sell cigars legal in the US too...

Regards,

BT

This post/query reminds me of an episode of Cops I watched.

Some junkie calls the Ft. Worth PD and she complains that she was attempting to buy crack cocaine and the "dealer" took her 20 bucks and then refused to tender the crack.

"I came to her house to buy crack, gave her $20 and now she won't give me the crack!"

Brilliant.

That's kinda the same deal here.

You go into the store, you know what yer gettin' yourself into and then bemoan getting the shaft. Regardless of the issue of some B&M claiming to peddle in contraband, the more pressing issue is that is hardly appropriate for you to cry foul.

That's not how I read it at all...It seemed to me that he guessed before buying that they were fakes, but was just too curious for his own good. Then after deciding that it was a fake, he cut it open to see how bad it was and found short fillers.

More of a joke he played on himself. The topic description says it all "...but I saw it coming..."

Just my $00.02

Exactly my reasoning Ceemmm...

Ok guys... (sorry,,,)isn't representing a cigar as contraband also illegal under the same statute? If I sell something I'm representing as an illegal substance, so don't I get charged for selling an illegal substance, even though its fake?

You do...which might bring up some confusion in the intent of this thread and its (apparent) multiple takes on what it's about.

If you want to bust him for selling contraband (or purported contraband) that's one thing. If the point is to bust him for NOT selling authentic ISOMs, that's another. What's the real beef? That you didn't get an authentic ISOM? Somehow, I sense that if you had gotten the real deal, this thread would have never happened.

My "real beef" is I feel it is bad business, period. If the cigars were authentic, the B&M is providing a true service to his customers, IMHO. But they weren't, and were pawning them off as real. Who's to say their AF's, AVO's, and Pepins were real then? Do you really want to take the chance, knowing they are only trying to get a buck out of you?

My "real beef" is a B&M would take advantage of their customers, cuban or not, dominican or not, honduran or not, for profit.

PS: I do enjoy your posts of the beach "scenery" MiamiCubano :thumbs:

Regards,

BT

The first ever Cohiba 5 Maduro was constructed very well but was bland. Very little flavor.

Let me start again...The first and last Cohiba maduro I smoked was consrtucted very well, but had zero flavor. Very bland, with very little hints of anything. I did find a
bit of sweetness to it. But not much else. I didn't cut it open to inspect it. I knew the source it came from so I didn't question whether or not it was real.
What I do question is the lack of flavor. And the prices they think they can charge.

-M

Ok guys... (sorry,,,)isn't representing a cigar as contraband also illegal under the same statute? If I sell something I'm representing as an illegal substance, so don't I get charged for selling an illegal substance, even though its fake?

You do...which might bring up some confusion in the intent of this thread and its (apparent) multiple takes on what it's about.

If you want to bust him for selling contraband (or purported contraband) that's one thing. If the point is to bust him for NOT selling authentic ISOMs, that's another. What's the real beef? That you didn't get an authentic ISOM? Somehow, I sense that if you had gotten the real deal, this thread would have never happened.

My "real beef" is I feel it is bad business, period. If the cigars were authentic, the B&M is providing a true service to his customers, IMHO. But they weren't, and were pawning them off as real. Who's to say their AF's, AVO's, and Pepins were real then? Do you really want to take the chance, knowing they are only trying to get a buck out of you?

My "real beef" is a B&M would take advantage of their customers, cuban or not, dominican or not, honduran or not, for profit.

Regards,

BT

It's a slippery slope BT, that's the point. You knew what you were getting into - fine. The whole thing smacks of fraud - from the way the punk told you as you were leaving, "oh, by the way, I FORGOT...the good stuff is here..." Forgot?...Cubans?...I mean, come on. If you're trying to take the high road and want to look out for your fellow consumer, so be it. You said yourself you were assuming the B&M knowingly sold these fakes as authentic. That is just what it is, an assumption. Maybe, maybe not.

But the real issue here is two parties dealing in illegal contraband. Simple as that. It's either a, "hey, he's selling fake Cubans!", or..."pssst...hey fella, I know where ya can score some real Cubans...wink, wink, nudge, nudge...whatsapasswyrd?" kind of deal. Either pissed that they are not or excited about getting "forbidden fruit." If they are legit, the business owner is not providing a "service," he is a criminal. Period. If they are not legit, he is likely still a criminal, but also a fraud. Slippery slope. Much like one who gets pissed that a dealer is passing off Oregano as Sensi.

Bottom line, both know that what they are doing is against the law - only getting "pissed" (whehter at one's self or the merchant) when the (purported) illegal item turns out to be a piece of shit. The purchaser of an illegal item is outwitted/or snookered by the seller of an illegal item. Again, if the cigars had been legit, this would have never been an issue - regardless of whether one knew what they were getting into or not. But, all this philosophical bullshit is just that, as you handled this appropriately (IMHO) by dealing with this through PMs. Thus, it's really a moot issue and no further discussion is truly warranted or of any benefit.

Regards,

BT

It's a slippery slope BT, that's the point. You knew what you were getting into - fine. The whole thing smacks of fraud - from the way the punk told you as you were leaving, "oh, by the way, I FORGOT...the good stuff is here..." Forgot?...Cubans?...I mean, come on. If you're trying to take the high road and want to look out for your fellow consumer, so be it. You said yourself you were assuming the B&M knowingly sold these fakes as authentic. That is just what it is, an assumption. Maybe, maybe not.

But the real issue here is two parties dealing in illegal contraband. Simple as that. It's either a, "hey, he's selling fake Cubans!", or..."pssst...hey fella, I know where ya can score some real Cubans...wink, wink, nudge, nudge...whatsapasswyrd?" kind of deal. Either pissed that they are not or excited about getting "forbidden fruit." If they are legit, the business owner is not providing a "service," he is a criminal. Period. If they are not legit, he is likely still a criminal, but also a fraud. Slippery slope. Much like one who gets pissed that a dealer is passing off Oregano as Sensi.

Bottom line, both know that what they are doing is against the law - only getting "pissed" (whehter at one's self or the merchant) when the (purported) illegal item turns out to be a piece of shit. The purchaser of an illegal item is outwitted/or snookered by the seller of an illegal item. Again, if the cigars had been legit, this would have never been an issue - regardless of whether one knew what they were getting into or not. But, all this philosophical bullshit is just that, as you handled this appropriately (IMHO) by dealing with this through PMs. Thus, it's really a moot issue and no further discussion is truly warranted or of any benefit.

I agree, I think... :rolleyes: If they were legit, I would have let the world know... CUBANS MAN! :laugh:

Again, I intended this as informational, to illicit conversation, and maybe to rant a bit. I do believe this post has some merit/educational value.

I just won't spend money there... I guess that's the bottom line... Thanks for your insight MiamiCubano.

Regards,

BT

Your intent was to get something illegal the easy way, his intent was to get your money the easy way. Seems like you both got what you wanted.

MC owns this thread.

I just typed a bunch, but erased it all because I was just repeating what has been said.

BT, welcome to CP, sorry you got taken, but don't buy from unverified sources.

Wow, thats some controversial stuff right there.. I agree with both parties and im not getting involved with either.

However, MiamiCubano, that episode of COPS was the shiznit. :)