• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I got Shingles want some?

modo22

So Tuesday started with the top right half of my body on fire. It felt like I was sun burned. Then starting Friday I saw 3 little blisters appear; I thought I just got something nasty from my hockey pads. But went to the doctor and turns out I have adult chicken pox. The blisters seem to be growing alittle (about the size of a dime) but they burn like taking your torch lighter after lighting your smoke and jamming it into your skin.

But I didn’t know that when you have chicken pox as a kid the virus stays in your nerve endings dormant. And at anytime at any age, they can burst out.

Has anyone had these before? I have heard they last days or weeks or months?? WTF!

Anyone want some? I will rub a piece of paper all over them and send it off with free shipping… :sign:

My condolences. I'd rather have the plague.

Doc.

I feel for you. My wife had this a few years ago. Her blisters cleared up within 3 weeks or so but the pain went on for 2-3 months.

Sorry to hear this, hope you have a speedy recovery!

My dad had them for years. They effect everyone different. I just got a shingles preventative shot.

I had Shingles abot a year ago. Miserable couple of week. Dr. said I had a really mild case. i had "phantom" pain in my leg for about 6 months after the rash went away. i feel for ya brother.:(

Ugh, I feel for you. I had them a few years back. Worst pain I'd experienced. Spots were on my ribs but the pain was all up my back. The doc prescribed some antiviral meds which I took willingly. Pain stayed for a few weeks after the outbreak disappeared, and the area was discoloured for a while but eventually returned to normal.
Meds were expensive at $7+ per pill, but I would pay it again in a heartbeat.

That sucks. My sister has Lupus, and she has had shingles several times. Can be very painful. Hopefully yours will clear quickly and with minimal pain.

I recommend vodka, and plenty of it. Hang in there.

house-simpson-final.jpg

After reading everyones response, I feel bad for you.. Sounds like a adventure.. Hooe this ends quickly..

Doc can give you a prescription that will make it clear up faster if you catch it in the first 72 hours. Also, there is a such a thing as a shingles vaccine. Usually not covered under insurance so it can be expensive.

Thanks guys, I have them on my right ribs and just on my back...so it is worse when ever you sit or rub up against those areas, you know...which is never; who sits and leans there back on something. They are spreading still, but hope it stops and I just have a mild case.

The antiviral meds are said to kick it and the vicadin helsp with the pain! The vodka and vicadin REALLY helps with the pain.

Ohh and robbie; I am the one in #15.

Wow feel bad for man. Hope you have a speedy recovery. We just had a Chicken pox scare in our house but it was just a allergic reaction to some meds.

If you have kids, make sure they had both of the chicken pox vaccines. If they only had one, they still have a 30% chance of getting it from your shingles.

Good Luck.

Oddly enough, I had both Chicken Pox and Shingles as a kid. I wouldn't wish Shingles on anyone .... burning, itching blisters that are absurdly contagious and spread like you wouldn't imagine. Hope you get over this soon brother. If I recall correctly, mine lasted a just under a week.

Mine lasted about a week and left a few scars. I saved the scabs and rub them on the cigars I send to people I don't like.......which is most of you. :0

I had them a few years back. Could not wear a shirt for 3 months. Would take pain meds and sleep sitting up for weeks. Worst pain ever. It's been almost 5 years since I had them. Still take something for ghost pain everyday. Was told I couldn't have shot until I was 62 and simptom free (no ghost pain) for 6 months.

Count me in for the "Had Shingles" crowd. Had it in 2009, at the tender age of 25. Geezus it hurt like hell!!!!! I had it on my face and scalp. At first I thought it was a breakout, but then it turned into shooting pains and shifting pressure/numbness around my eye. Only had it for a week and a half thankfully, but still have some phantom pains here and there.... NO fun at all.