• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I guess you guys didn't lie to me...

This thread is like watching an optical illusion!

It's junk but you like it?

You called Jon's hole a seam?

You have John correcting Steamboats grammar in a post admonishing you about your grammar?

I still get Thompson's catalogs in the mail. I enjoy browsing through them while having a cigar or making a head call. I too made the mistake about a year ago in ordering from Thompson's. I bought a box of Padron 4000's. The cigars were in good shape but the telemarketing and hounding to join their autoship program was annoying. I still get the occasional letter in the mail to join their "club" but at least the phone calls and nightmares stopped lol.

I'm reminded of Bill Clinton, for some odd reason.

Doc.

You have John correcting Steamboats grammar in a post admonishing you about your grammar?
What???

I'm reminded of Bill Clinton, for some odd reason.

Doc.

Ding,Ding,Ding, winner!
You guys lost me somewhere lol
Sorry I don't know a whole lot about you guys previous president, all I know is that you president lied...

Ahhh i think i got it...
Look guys english isn't my first language lol I am trying my best lol
Here, I like the humidor but not the cigars... the problem is I bought the Thompson Combo
As far as Jon's holes... they appears to be holes caused by bugs (I can be wrong).
But I am not sure about your last statement, "You have John correcting Steamboats grammar in a post admonishing you about your grammar?"
What? lol

Ahhh i think i got it...
Here, I like the humidor but not the cigars... the problem is I bought the Thompson Combo
As far as Jon's holes... they appears to be holes caused by bugs (I can be wrong).
But I am not sure about your last statement, "You have John correcting Steamboats grammar in a post admonishing you about your grammar?"
What? lol

But you came here, and just like if I want to go to the doctor I have to accept that I may need to brush up on my Indian.

Ahhh i think i got it...
What? lol

But you came here, and just like if I want to go to the doctor I have to accept that I may need to brush up on my Indian.

Yicks, I don't like the way this logic train is running, and I'm slightly insulted, although there are certainly worse ways you could have phrased that.

Gahau, grammar is pretty important here at Cigarpass, and there are a number of reasons for it! First and foremost, it is very easy to insult someone over the internet because sarcasm is hard to pick up on through text-based communications. Knowing that text can sometimes imply meanings that the author/OP did not intend mean, it is important to be A) Understanding and polite, and B) As clear as humanly possible. For this reason, please try to use spell check and re-read your posts. Using the enter key, shift key, and proper punctuation can do a lot! One of the immediate benefits to neatness is that you will look more intelligent, even if you aren't (like me!).

Yicks, I don't like the way this logic train is running, and I'm slightly insulted, although there are certainly worse ways you could have phrased that.

Gahau, grammar is pretty important here at Cigarpass, and there are a number of reasons for it! First and foremost, it is very easy to insult someone over the internet because sarcasm is hard to pick up on through text-based communications. Knowing that text can sometimes imply meanings that the author/OP did not intend mean, it is important to be A) Understanding and polite, and B) As clear as humanly possible. For this reason, please try to use spell check and re-read your posts. Using the enter key, shift key, and proper punctuation can do a lot! One of the immediate benefits to neatness is that you will look more intelligent, even if you aren't (like me!).

Nicely stated!

Nicely stated!
I am trying... =)

Ahhh i think i got it...
What? lol

wow...
Brush up on your Indian? as in brush up in a language? like in you Hindi or Indian like "Wolf of the running river" Indian? :p

This is an international forum, and yes, the language is English. We appreciate proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. It helps keep the place classy. Lets face it, at $5-$10 a stick, premium cigars is not exactly the realm of the poor and uneducated. Bottom line, nobody is kicked to the curb for having less than perfect English skills, but they are asked to try. Gahau, putting a location in your profile assuming you are not in the US might have averted this flair-up. Secondly, coming in here and saying "I read your advice, and ignored it" isn't a great way to start.

Jeff, others have been banned for similar comments, they have no place here.

This is an international forum, and yes, the language is English. We appreciate proper grammar, spelling and punctuation. It helps keep the place classy. Lets face it, at $5-$10 a stick, premium cigars is not exactly the realm of the poor and uneducated. Bottom line, nobody is kicked to the curb for having less than perfect English skills, but they are asked to try. Gahau, putting a location in your profile assuming you are not in the US might have averted this flair-up. Secondly, coming in here and saying "I read your advice, and ignored it" isn't a great way to start.

Jeff, others have been banned for similar comments, they have no place here.
Trust me I have not dismiss my very first warning from Rod, I am trying =)

See, you are already doing better!

As for JR's sampler, I would definitely opt to take part in the Newbie Sample Trade, located here, like someone else had suggested earlier. That is where I got my start and I have to say, it was a much better deal for me on the receiving end. If you want to deal with a shop, I suggest speaking to one of the fine vendors here at CP, like Uptown_Isy, I am sure they can get a sampler together for you as well, and they are great people. :thumbs:

See, you are already doing better!

As for JR's sampler, I would definitely opt to take part in the Newbie Sample Trade, located here, like someone else had suggested earlier. That is where I got my start and I have to say, it was a much better deal for me on the receiving end. If you want to deal with a shop, I suggest speaking to one of the fine vendors here at CP, like Uptown_Isy, I am sure they can get a sampler together for you as well, and they are great people. :thumbs:
Ill give it a shot! Thanks

If we're going to give this guy such a hard time about his capitalization and grammar, we should be giving Double D the same grief.

A little bit of consistency goes a long way, IMHO.

Not everyone's English is perfect, all we ask is that you try to write the best you can. As far as buying from JR Cigars or Thompson...why? CP is a unique oasis away from the traditional "hobby sites"; here you will find the best deals around by some of the most respected retailers. Have a look in our Retailer forum, and start searching there. Many members are also respected retailers who will get you the best deal possible. You've stumbled upon one of the best communities around, treat it with respect and dignity and you'll be rewarded more than you ever imagined...

Not everyone's English is perfect, all we ask is that you try to write the best you can. As far as buying from JR Cigars or Thompson...why? CP is a unique oasis away from the traditional "hobby sites"; here you will find the best deals around by some of the most respected retailers. Have a look in our Retailer forum, and start searching there. Many members are also respected retailers who will get you the best deal possible. You've stumbled upon one of the best communities around, treat it with respect and dignity and you'll be rewarded more than you ever imagined...
Cool! Thanks for the info, see I am not used to buy and sell on a forum, but will give it a go.
Buying from Thompson was certainly a mistake, and my intention of buying from JR is because I saw the name appear a couple of time on CP.
I will give the retail section a look and try to get a deal there. Also, as a new member I did not wanna go and spend $10 and up on a stick (at least not now I don't think my taste buds are acute enough) that's why I was looking at JR (see my intentional purchase in my previous post).
But, if you guys tell me that this community would get me more knowledge and better deals, why not =)
looking forward to learn with you guys!

Again, Sorry if my grammar isn't perfect. being a foreigner and a engineer, I have heavily neglected my English.
Maybe you guys can help me on that one too from time to time if its not to much of a trouble correct me on my spelling and grammar =)

Use the spell check. In the top right hand corner above where you post you'll see an icon marked ABC with a check mark under it. Click on it and it will correct your spelling, most of the time. It's not worth a damn for grammar and syntax, however.

Doc

If we're going to give this guy such a hard time about his capitalization and grammar, we should be giving Double D the same grief.

A little bit of consistency goes a long way, IMHO.
Thank you =)