• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

i hate computers pass

Hey Mel.....the coffee is for MY box pass you joined and not to butter up the judges for the joke contest :lookup: :lookup: Looks like it was good timing though...hahaha!!

Thanks Mel..... I'm looking forward to it! :)

oh yeah duh i for got guess we need to move this pass to the copleat list :p

Y'all remember the Grand Dragon that almost made it back to Mel? This was to be my Victory smoke at our 5 state district Barbershop contest held in October.

Last year, we placed 2nd to Heart of Texas missing first place by 8/10ths of a point on a 100 pt basis. This year, we beat H.O.T. soundly but were blind-sided by the Houston Tidelanders by 3. *sigh*

The Grand Dragon is resting soundly awaiting 10/2002 when we shall try again.

2002 will mark the return of the worlds greatest Barbershop chorus to the contest stage, Dallas's Vocal Majority. When a chorus wins at Internationals, it can not compete until the 3rd year following it's win. The Vocal Majority has won each of the last *8* times out.
The winner of each district and the 2 highest 2nd place scores from around the world are invited to the International stage. Our goal in 2002 admittedly will NOT be to win but to place 2nd, behind the VM with a high enough score to make it to internationals in an alternate position.

Globally, there are 800+ choruses and we rank 17th this year. Not too shabby.

So, Mel, and others who were waiting for a review of the 'log' seen in this pass, I hope you don't mind waiting another year.