• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

PhatAsh

The Bionic Poster
OK, I like winter but I have had enough! :angry:

Therefore, to take my mind off of it I am begining to plan BIG FAMILY trip for next summer. :D

We want to go to Outter Banks, NC area. If anyone has any suggestions or reports of nice rentals or areas please post here or PM/email me!

For anyone with specific rental properties in mind I am looking for the following:
I am looking for a 6-8 bedroom rental or one that sleeps 15-20 people. I would prefer oceanfront or at least one within short distance to beach ( I mean short, we have fair amount of children coming) and it must have a pool. Also, if anybody knows of good resteraunts and/or attractions down that way the info would be greatly appreciated!

Please limit suggestions to Outter Banks area, the wife and family are set on going there and I have heard it is great.

ANY AND ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! :)

Hmmmm, I've vacationed there on three occasions. Twice in Duck and a third time much further south in Rodanthe.

Duck, Southern Shores, Kill Devil Hills, Kittyhawk, Nags Head, etc. is more where the "action" is. Rental prices in Duck & Corolla are higher than the towns slightly further south. Duck & Corolla have newer housing stock. The closer you are to the water the rents go up exponentially (gee, like I even had to say that). Duck and Corolla have the type of rentals it sounds like you're looking for but be prepared, it's pricey like $4,000.00 a week (or more YIKES!!).

Outter Banks is a great "family" environment, plent of things for kids to do, etc.

Lots of family style restaurants with buffets, etc. but to me the best ADULT restaurant (by adult I mean that the kids would hate it and if the parents get a chance to do a night on the town by themselves, you GOTTA go there) is Ocean Boulevard in Kitty Hawk. Get there when they first open at 5:00

Rodanthe and the towns on Hatteras Island are kind of remote and you have to drive a half an hour to get to the grocery store so you feel kind of isolated. If you like that great but personally I like to be more where the action is and to me, the best town to rent in is Duck or Southern Shores. Corolla is a bit far north and very pricey.

Here's the link to the realty that handled the property owned by the person who's place I stayed in in Duck.

Oh yeah, going south once you cross the Oregon Inlet and get onto Hatteras Island, (Salvo, Rodanthe, Waves, then Avon, Hatteras, etc.) you CANNOT get mixed drinks in the bars, beer and wine only!! so BEWARE (LMAO).

If I can think of other things I'll either post here of send a PM.

Outer Banks is a GREAT place and worth the 11 hour drive for me ;)

I stayed at Naggs Head for Veterans Day weekend of 2002. Can't remember the name of the place we stayed at but we had a 2 bedroom, living room and a full kitchen for like 28 bucks a night. We would go out the back door and we were right on the beach. :thumbs:
For your night life, there is the Outter Banks Beer Brewery, Weeping Radish Beer Brewery, and a bunch of other great family type dinner spots.
I'm sure you'll have a great time, enjoy...... :D :thumbs: :p

Check out the Diamond Shoals restraunt. They have plate sized pancakes, so be careful when you order.

There's several nice rentals. get yourself a pamphlet, or check on line. Try going when the rental season is over. it's still warm, but the rates drop drastically!

we were in Kill Devil Hills last year (left just before the big storm). Tons of rentals throughout the area, most furnished, some designed just for your situation, i.e. many bedrooms, family room, game room etc.

Never checked rental prices, but I'd guess they'd be high, given the nature of the homes. Lots of websites with info, No. Carolina's state site provides tons of information.

We had a great time, even though (or maybe because) it was off-season.

Check my previous post as I edited it but I wanted to add, be sure to check out The Lost Colony on Roanoak Island (right near Nags Head). They have an outdoor theatre (bring bug spray :p ) where they put on a production of the first settlement in the "New World" in the 1580's. Most people thought Jamestown was the first English settlement in the New World but is was actually on Roanoak Island but they colony was wiped out in 1588 (either by bad weather or Indians), hence "The Lost Colony"

This was a FANTASTIC play!! :thumbs:

They also have a reproduction of one of the wooden ships from the 1500's that used to sail across the Atlantic back then as well as a museum. That was a lot of fun. Of course you've also got the Wright Brother's Memorial in Kill Devil Hills which is a must visit.

Sorry, I don't know any of the rentals. It has been five years since I made it out that way. But Kill devil, Nags head are geat places to entertain yourself. My golf game has improved so much since then. Even better place to be if you like to soar or if you favor kites.