• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I have to say I am surprised about this community

No surprise...he was the very first one to post....

I do believe that he was talking about NullSmurf.

Rabbit, let me tell you... I have herfed with Bruce as have many of the good BOTLs on this board. He's a class act and generous to a fault. He might be a cantankerous old bastid at times, but he's earned that right -- and the respect that goes along with it.

Since you are new here, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt this one time and chalk your comments up to not knowing any better. As Spivy says, this is a great place and Bruce is part of what makes it so.

I'd vouch for that. I've never met Bruce, but he's answered my newb questions with patience and I didn't feel like a dumbass afterward at all. If you're having experiences on this forum that are less than stellar, I'd submit it's your own doing. This place is jaw-droppingly generous and fun. I kind of dig the fact that we have cantankerous old bastids around to "protect the herd" until we young 'uns get up under our own power...

My .02

There's not a Man-jack aboard this vessel that wouldn't keelhaul their own Grandmother for the silver in her hair.

Oh wait... that's Cigar Family... this is Cigar Pass.

Whoops.

I don't think you want to paint with such a broad brush.

It gives a more textured look. I can fill in the details with some acrylic ink when the paint is properly dried.

There's not a Man-jack aboard this vessel that wouldn't keelhaul their own Grandmother for the silver in her hair.

Whoops.

It gives a more textured look. I can fill in the details with some acrylic ink when the paint is properly dried.

This thread is already a fricken disaster, so I'll go ahead and continue on this tangent as well.

Even though there's some other boards out there that probably deserve it, it's bad form to talk so poorly about another board. In this case especially so since there's many members here who are also respected members at CF, and of all the boards out there I find that CP and CF seem to have the most in common.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

5 years now and these bastages are still the best anywhere...I love em and they know it...they just like to give me shyte every now and again ;-)

Stick around, make friends, "listen" and you will find yourself in a good place here

Melly :love:

Is this a place to share our love and knowledge regarding cigars, or is it a place to tout that knowledge?

Whoops.

This thread is already a fricken disaster, so I'll go ahead and continue on this tangent as well.

Even though there's some other boards out there that probably deserve it, it's bad form to talk so poorly about another board. In this case especially so since there's many members here who are also respected members at CF, and of all the boards out there I find that CP and CF seem to have the most in common.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I thought we were discussing my painting style. After all, it is a large part of how I make my living. :D Ironically, broad brush strokes do indeed give a textured and rich look to a painting if you can pull it off, because you have to know when to simplify the complexity to achieve a dramatic result. Think Hugh Ramsay (when he was going blind) or some Impressionist works.

Oh yes, and to answer your next question: yes, I am obtuse and yes, I am Australian.

Wow, that was kind of an unpleasant little threadjack in such a warmhearted thread, now, wasn't it?

Silly wabbits. :rolleyes:

Since I'm much too much the noob to possibly be a FOG, graybeard status notwithstanding, I'll just opine that it's been a real, genuine pleasure to become part of a community where people are expected to act like grownups without a mod coming around to tell 'em they HAVE to. Sometimes it's a little tough to live up to, being not such a nice person and all, but it surely does elevate the tone, and those here who handle the occasional flapdoodle like gentlemen have my utmost respect.

~Boar

I see a lot of guys posting in here that have 3 to 6 months in agreeing with the OP on how great this place is. Give it another 6 months guys and you'll see how much better this community really is than you think it is now. The things that go on around here just simply amaze me.....and 80% of what really amazes me never sees the light of day in a public thread.

Mr rabbit, try Sherdog dot net forums. When you see threads where people seriously ask for people's addresses so they can continue fights in person, you get a better understanding. After you leave that place behind, you might want to come back and see how much better it is here than most of the forums out there.

Jeff Zieser
GnuB

I just had to comment on this . . . I used to lurk on a, aaaah, "1%er" forum. Screw up there, they don't ask for your addy---they post a date, time, and place they'll meet you for "dancing lessons." :0

Or post their OWN addy, and dare you to back up your shyte talking. ???

And some people think posting "use the flippin' search function" is harsh! :rolleyes:

~Boar

Rabbit, I got that arrogance crack from another lawyer. You see, this friend of mine, a U.S. Attorney here in my city,and I, did Boy Scouts together. One day, this other lawyer, with no BSA experience, decided he was going to change the way we did things. That's when my friend said, "Don't worry about it, he just having trouble dealing with his arrogance implant." You kind of remind me of that guy. So you can see why I thought it was an appropriate remark. We didn't change the way we do things and he's long gone. Just as I suspect you'll be, soon enough.

Doc.

Yep!! :thumbs:

Which begs to question - why would anyone care what the wabbit thinks?