• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I heard that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyvega

there is a certain person that rolls cigars in the US. Then tells people that they are from somewhere else. But many say that they are not what they appear to be. Sorry to be so evasive.

I could care less where they are rolled or where the cigar comes from because they are excellent regardless of their origin. Just smoked a sublime from 2008 the other day and it tasted great.

If anyone has anymore info on this, please PM.

TIA

Joe

there is a certain person that rolls cigars in the US. Then tells people that they are from somewhere else. But many say that they are not what they appear to be. Sorry to be so evasive.

I could care less where they are rolled or where the cigar comes from because they are excellent regardless of their origin. Just smoked a sublime from 2008 the other day and it tasted great.

TIA

Joe

Why not just ask this "certain person" directly for more information?

TIA

Joe

Why not just ask this "certain person" directly for more information?

I am not sure why I didn't think of that. :blush:

Thank you Whopper!

If it is who I think it is the sticks aren't very good IMO. I wouldn't care what type of tobacco it was as long as I liked it...prices are decent.

It's a pretty big accusation to throw out there with nothing more than "I heard it from a guy".

TIA

Joe

1. Person rolling cigars in the US + 2. Telling people they are from somewhere else + 3. Many saying they are not what they 'appear' to be = An allegation of dishonesty on the part of the person selling? Is that your point in making this post?

And / Or

1. You don't care where they are rolled or where they came from + 2. You think the cigars are excellent regardless of origin + 3. You had one the other day and enjoyed it = A compliment to the maker of the cigar? Is that your point in making this post?

I am having trouble making much sense of this admittedly evasive post. I am tending to agree with Whopper and Sneed.

It's a pretty big accusation to throw out there with nothing more than "I heard it from a guy".

Multiple guys. Like 6-8. On 3 different occasions. There has always been a shroud of mystery surrounding these cigars. I have PMed multiple people over the last 2 years, no one knows. Wouldn't you want to know what you are buying? Just seems that no one knows(or they can just keep a secret). If someone asked me, "How do you know?" I guess I couldn't give them a definitive answer. Maybe this falls under, "It's none of your f*cking business!" If so, no big deal.

Regardless of their origin, they taste great!

TIA

Joe

1. Person rolling cigars in the US + 2. Telling people they are from somewhere else + 3. Many saying they are not what they 'appear' to be = An allegation of dishonesty on the part of the person selling? Is that your point in making this post?

And / Or

1. You don't care where they are rolled or where they came from + 2. You think the cigars are excellent regardless of origin + 3. You had one the other day and enjoyed it = A compliment to the maker of the cigar? Is that your point in making this post?

I am having trouble making much sense of this admittedly evasive post. I am tending to agree with Whopper and Sneed.

Clarity, dude. That's what my intent was. I should have got in contact with the person directly. It was poor judgment to post a thread. I f'ed up there. I apologize.

It doesn't seem anyone knows the answer to my question. I figured someone might have PMed with an answer. Or not.

Multiple guys. Like 6-8. On 3 different occasions. There has always been a shroud of mystery surrounding these cigars. I have PMed multiple people over the last 2 years, no one knows. Wouldn't you want to know what you are buying? Just seems that no one knows(or they can just keep a secret). If someone asked me, "How do you know?" I guess I couldn't give them a definitive answer. Maybe this falls under, "It's none of your f*cking business!" If so, no big deal.

Yeah, I can certainly understand wanting clarity. I guess I have not heard any of the same things you have heard (but then again, we may not even be thinking of the same person :laugh: ). If we're talking about the same person I know that I like most of what I have gotten from them. Also, there are a lot of cigar makers, from other countries, that aren't always 100% honest with their products either. I've heard plenty of information, from people I trust to know, about the amount of tobacco from other places(like say Mexico) that gets used in 100% Nicaraguan puro cigars. If you can make a cigar with Canadian tobacco that tastes good, hell I'm not going to sweat it.

Yeah, I can certainly understand wanting clarity. I guess I have not heard any of the same things you have heard (but then again, we may not even be thinking of the same person :laugh: ). If we're talking about the same person I know that I like most of what I have gotten from them. Also, there are a lot of cigar makers, from other countries, that aren't always 100% honest with their products either. I've heard plenty of information, from people I trust to know, about the amount of tobacco from other places(like say Mexico) that gets used in 100% Nicaraguan puro cigars. If you can make a cigar with Canadian tobacco that tastes good, hell I'm not going to sweat it.

That typically comes from the fields that are in close proximity to where the Canadian bacon is processed ;).

I think it is a reasonable question given they are openly sold on a variety of forums and used in passes as if they were island smokes

Who said they were 'island smokes'?

They have been presented as 'custom rolled'!

;)

I've enjoyed them over the years. What more can be said?

Origins can be a tricky thing; it's like each episode of Mad Men.

Who said they were 'island smokes'?

They have been presented as 'custom rolled'!

;)

Cross posted from CF: clicky

The threads referenced have since been pulled but I think sale titles like these are certainly leading you to believe the cigars are of a specific origin ;)

ISOM mixed bundles S/V<br>
ISOM Canonazo, SupRobusto, Magnum SV<br>
ISOM EL wannabe's S/V<br>
ISOM DC's, CG, Small Corona S/V<br>
ISOM bound through IEOM?<br>

FWIW personally it doesn't really matter to me where they originate from a smoking perspective as long as they smoke well.

Isn't the Dominican Republic technically an Island South of Miami? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.