• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I love you, but you smell

moki

el Presidente
I'm pretty much officially banned from smoking cigars at home, because of the lingering smell... so I've shifted to smoking cigars at work, after everyone has left. Still, the next day, I see candles burning everywhere, and unhappy faces.

I shut the door to my office, open the window, and still, it's a bit too fragrant. Is there any kind of filter, ventilation system, or what have you that can successfully cut down on this smell?

I found these air purifiers, which seem specifically made for smoke odors -- anyone have any experience with them, or anything else?

http://www.csonka.com/beta/ConsProdlist_purifier.html

I do 95% of my smoking in the car.

You don't bother anyone, crack the window and all the smoke goes out and if any of your passengers object, TOO BAD!!!

that is why I bring along an extra shirt sometimes.
hang w/ tha fellas, herf it up some.
then take off outer shirt (I like layers) and throw on a sweater, prob. solved.

this is also why I smoke outside.

Put a box fan* on the window sill of your open window. If its powerful enough, it'll create a vacuum that pulls air out of your room and fresh air back in. Oh, and make sure there's not a return vent in the room you're smoking in. If there is, cover it up... :)

That's how I smoke IN my house. I do it in a bedroom upstairs. Door is weather-stripped and the bottom is sealed. I just open the window, turn on the box fan, and smoke away. I'll say this, a little smell does escape into the house but its VERY minimal and goes away after about 30 minutes. If you're still worried about the smell, use Oust. It's an anti-odor spray. It works pretty well.

Hope this works for you.

*it needs to be a fan blowing outwards... ceiling fans do NOT work as they circulate air and have a downward force.

Well, I'll try that I guess -- but it's pretty damned cold up here to be having windows open :)

I'm with coventry. I smoke mainly in the car, and outside on the back porch when the weather is nice. The fan sounds like a good idea.

Outside or in the car for me. My wife and daughter still call me "stinky" if I come home after smoking one. The smell gets into your clothes, hair, skin, etc.

The only remedy for me is to shower! :D

Why would you want to get rid of that lovely aroma? :D

<sniff> <sniff> Oh my gosh, Moki, you do stink! You should immediately send all of those cigars you just bought to me for proper disposal! LMAO! :D

BACCHUS said:
<sniff> <sniff> Oh my gosh, Moki, you do stink! You should immediately send all of those cigars you just bought to me for proper disposal! LMAO! :D
Thank you for your incredibly generous and selfless offer; if only the world knew what generosity lay in your heart.

(thank god you don't know my girlfriend... she'd probably "help" me by mailing all of my cigars to you)

I ordered one of these for the office:

propurifier.jpg

http://www.csonka.com/beta/popup_consumer_...loaker-pro.html

Will advise on how well it works...

Don't smoke in the house (cigars, that is), but we have the little round Csonka to handle the cigarette odor. My MIL and SIL live upstairs and we have an open stairwell and they are both allergic (they say) to tobacco smoke.

We also have a smoker's candle burning pretty much all the time we are awake. These actually do work.

The Csonka doesn't do much WHILE you are smoking, but by morning you can't tell that anyone's been smoking down here. Whether it would do the same for cigars....??