• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I need some help with my Aristocrat Humidor Set-And-Forget

Kid Montana

I bought my Aristocrat second hand and can't find anything on the Aristocrat Humidors site that answers my issue so I'm hoping somewhere in the depth of Cigar Pass lies the knowledge: my Set-And-Forget keeps alarming for temperature.  It is reading a full three degrees above my apartment's actual temp.  The humidor is right next to the thermostat and should read pretty close; neither experience any direct sunlight nor are they in strongly sunlit rooms.  I keep my apartment at 72 degrees, and my set-and-forget keeps going off, with 75 degrees indicated.  Ordinarily, I'd just ignore it, but its a tone that drives me nuts.  Even when I set the alarm at 78, it'll for whatever reason, alarm at 75 degrees.  Its a couple years old now but I do not know how old the unit actually is.  Can anybody point me at a resource to figure this out?  

Thanks.

Daniel, I had the same problem and after calling Bob, he told me the sensor went bad. He replaced for free because it happened within 30 days. He said that if they are bad they usually go within the 30 days. There is also a shelf life on these units so I'm not sure how long the previous owner had it before you. It will probably run you about $300 bucks to replace it and a very easy process.

I would call Bob first as he is very helpful and doesn't mind diagnosing any problems even if you bought it from someone else. Hope this helps brother.

I'd go to Cigar Pass. Those dudes know a ton. :p

Seriously, wish I could help. Good luck!

_Trey

Kid Montana said:
Can anybody point me at a resource to figure this out?  

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm with Kristopher on this one.  Just give Bob a call and he'll talk you through the settings or help assess if it needs replaced.  Very easy to talk to.

Bob is one of the nicest guys on the planet.  I'm surprised no one has suggested giving him a call....... :p

You should call him for sure.

I had to replace my Set and Forget last year; it was 7 years old.

You can just re cal it in the option menu and or turn off the alarm.
Backslide said:
You can just re cal it in the option menu and or turn off the alarm.
By re cal I mean put in an offset.