• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I never thought this day would come

tjm5019

Banned
but I had to go buy a coolidor!! what the hell have you guys got me into!! Going from a 300ct humi to a 50 some odd quart cooler!!!! at any rate, i hope this thing doesn't fill up as fast as the 300ct!

hate to tell you this bud, I am only three boxes away from maxing my coolerdor! :0 :whistling:

:sign: At the beginning of January I had a 15 gallon tupperdor. At the beginning of February I had 48qt cooler. By the beginning of March, my second 48qt is totally full. Nobody send me any sticks cuz I ain't got a place to put them :D

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
:sign: At the beginning of January I had a 15 gallon tupperdor. At the beginning of February I had 48qt cooler. By the beginning of March, my second 48qt is totally full. Nobody send me any sticks cuz I ain't got a place to put them :D

Wilkey
[snapback]295636[/snapback]​

Send them my way. I swear they will be safe. :whistling:

....it's a bitter struggle. Two 48's and a 150 CT desktop full, wondering what's next....

Good luck - B.B.S.

:laugh:

THIS is what's next...
DH-1500C1.gif

and mine is really getting full- I think that no matter how much space, you'll fill it up... "Wow... lookit that deal- ah, what the heck. I've still got room!"

I've said that a number of times already... :cool:

Coolidors are like jails. If you build them, you'll fill them.

Doc.

Swissy said:

THIS is what's next...
DH-1500C1.gif

and mine is really getting full- I think that no matter how much space, you'll fill it up... "Wow... lookit that deal- ah, what the heck. I've still got room!"

[snapback]295701[/snapback]​

Too bad everytime I look at that site they are SOLD OUT till 3 months down the road! :( I'm definatly ISO one of those bad boys. :thumbs:

I've been buying torpedo humidifiers like nobody's business...keeping sticks in their boxes that don't fit in the 4 humis I have now (got the first 100ct for Xmas!)

Will it never end? :D

Robert

AdvAutoBob said:
... Will it never end? :D

Robert
[snapback]295764[/snapback]​

In short...No! :laugh:

Travis, When I bought my first cooler, a 54qt Igloo, I had it 3/4ths full in about 3 weeks. Of course I was working just one or two subway stops from the JR Cigars in DC. Now...I haven't been to a JR's in months.

If you can refrain from visiting your local B&M every week for the next few weeks, you might have a chance. :D

Swissy said:

THIS is what's next...
DH-1500C1.gif

Swissy, you got that right! I started with the 250ct Treasure Dome then added a 100ct (for overflow :laugh: ). Duh, what was I thinking getting a smaller overflow? Then the Igloo Ice Cube (50qt) Coolerdor. Now I'm waiting on March delivery for my cabinet as seen above. UGH!!! All of this began around June last year when I started to take cigars a little more seriously. :love:

50 qt just wont cut it as far as I can tell. Before I got on this site I was a buy 3-4 everytime I went to the smoke shop kind of guy. When I wanted to smoke I would go to the B&M and get one. Now I have got an overflow desktop and am in the process of making my coolerdor. This site will get you...especially with the generous people on this site...you better just get a refrigerator and get to work imo!!! :sign:

Brandon

tjm5019 said:
but I had to go buy a coolidor!! what the hell have you guys got me into!! Going from a 300ct humi to a 50 some odd quart cooler!!!! at any rate, i hope this thing doesn't fill up as fast as the 300ct!
[snapback]295619[/snapback]​

I knew my cigars would push you over the edge... :)

KayakinBoy said:
Swissy said:

THIS is what's next...
DH-1500C1.gif

and mine is really getting full- I think that no matter how much space, you'll fill it up...  "Wow... lookit that deal- ah, what the heck. I've still got room!"

I've said that a number of times already...  :cool:

Too bad everytime I look at that site they are SOLD OUT till 3 months down the road! :( I'm definatly ISO one of those bad boys. :thumbs:
[snapback]295738[/snapback]​

Got mine coming, end of this month.! :) :) :) :) :)

Set up a 150 quart coolidor about six months ago. Already looking into getting another one.

DG

I have a 110 Qt collidor,a 52 Qt coolidor for a back-up and the 100 ct desktop for everday and still running out of room. Welcome the additing world of cigars.

I have been looking for a good end table type humi with around a 500ct.I think I will spend a few extra dollars for a high quality one with a good heat/humidity controle system on it.
Next I will be saveing for a large armoir cabinet for the family room.The wife doesn't mind,as long as I dont smoke in the house until I build a smoke room.

Cigar Penguin said:
I have been looking for a good end table type humi with around a 500ct.I think I will spend a few extra dollars for a high quality one with a good heat/humidity controle system on it. ...

Not knowing how much you want to spend, might I suggest one of these humidors from Avallo:
http://www.avallohumidors.com/1000.html

or http://www.avallohumidors.com/1200.html

I have this one: http://www.avallohumidors.com/2000.html I had a second drawer added in place of the top shelf. I opted for fixed shelves instead of the roll-out shelves. I also added a second set of fans, one set for each drawer.

This is my humidor: http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/HerfinBig...The-New-AH-2000. It does not have temperature control. But Avallo does offer a cooling system. However, I don't know if the 1000 or 1200 would accomodate a cooling system because of it's height. What I mean is I don't know if one could be installed because it may not have enough height to incorporate the cooling device.

Herfin Bigdog said:
Cigar Penguin said:
I have been looking for a good end table type humi with around a 500ct.I think I will spend a few extra dollars for a high quality one with a good heat/humidity controle system on it. ...

Not knowing how much you want to spend, might I suggest one of these humidors from Avallo:
http://www.avallohumidors.com/1000.html

or http://www.avallohumidors.com/1200.html

I have this one: http://www.avallohumidors.com/2000.html I had a second drawer added in place of the top shelf. I opted for fixed shelves instead of the roll-out shelves. I also added a second set of fans, one set for each drawer.

This is my humidor: http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/HerfinBig...The-New-AH-2000. It does not have temperature control. But Avallo does offer a cooling system. However, I don't know if the 1000 or 1200 would accomodate a cooling system because of it's height. What I mean is I don't know if one could be installed because it may not have enough height to incorporate the cooling device.
[snapback]297117[/snapback]​

I have the model 1200 with the full extension shelves, although a cooling unit was/is an option, I didn't get it as I did not have the need for it.

This has been a great working/looking box. Maintains a steady rh at approximately 65% with the only work on my part making sure the cannisters stay filled with distilled water, and after mine stabilized, I find that I only need to fill them about every 2 1/2 - 3 months. My only regret is I did not get the larger model 2000, because I just "unretired" a coolador that had been taken out of service when the 1200 arrived. Like everyone else has said time and time again on this board, you never have enough space!!!

Highly recommend the Avallo line for not only a great looking humidor, but one that functions quite well.

Excellent looking unit and am a fan of Avallo but thats a tad bigger then a normal size end table for my liveing room.I DO like it though. :thumbs:

Thank you