• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I passed my Comptia Security+ exam

woodbm

Drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke
This week I have spent the past 4 days in a class learning about security + (Information Technology Security). Well I took the certification exam today and successfully passed. I am relieved that I don't have to worry about the stress of whether or not I pass or fail or have to pay back the money to my company. Just glad to get it over with and off my shoulders. Now time to enjoy a good smoke. I did learn a lot in the class and now need to work on my CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) cert.

Congrats! I'll be starting down that road pretty soon, depending on what I end up changing my major to. Was the class all you needed to pass or was there a lot of prep work before/after the class?

Congrats on your cert. I taught a Sec+ class a few weeks back.

Art

Congrats! I'll be starting down that road pretty soon, depending on what I end up changing my major to. Was the class all you needed to pass or was there a lot of prep work before/after the class?

The class definitely helped. Also my day to day work dealing with DOD Information Assurance helps. I think it depends on what learning techniques work best for you. Some people can read a book and then knock out the test. Some can take a few practice exams and knock it out. I liked the class or "boot camp" as they call because it taught the testing concepts in a way that I'll retain the information and be able to apply it to my job.

A little advice if you plan on taking practice tests online. Make sure they are current because they change up the test every so often. The sec+ test was just rewritten a few months ago.

Back