• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I popped the question!

emoshun

SoCal Herfin'
So I have been planning this for some time now, and it all came to fruition yesterday. I proposed on the beach at Terranea and it was amazing.

She had no clue what was going on, and where we were going, not to mention that I had her family and mine hiding at a restaurant on the grounds for after the big question.

My fiancé and I.
Couple_1.jpg

The family.
family_2.jpg

There was a jazz festival going on the same day, pretty snazzy.
jazz_festival.jpg

The Resort uses falcons to rid the area of pesky Seagulls.
hawk_2.jpg

hawk_1.jpg

The Ring/Rock
ring_5.jpg

ring_6.jpg

ring_3.jpg

ring_4.jpg

ring_7.jpg

Now, for you married guys, feel free to give some words of wisdom as I need all I can get!

-Jimmy

Congratulations dude! I'm very glad she said yes! Now don't go screwing it up! :laugh:

Congrats to you both! Best wishes for a wonderful life together! Man that is one nice rock! :D

Gorgeous ring my friend, congrats my friend. I'm thoroughly happy for you guys! :cool:

Congratulations! Best

"To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up. "~ Ogden Nash

Congratulations! Just try to remember that you marry an individual; in the sense that she is her own person with hopes, dreams, likes, dislikes. Respect, honor, and be sensitive to that.

In addition, agree on any child rearing approaches before the baby is concieved.

Finally, start having your cigars shipped to your office ;)

Very nice ring!

Congratulations. Glad she accepted. I bet the family is too

Listed below is everything that I know about women, which is why I have been married for over 20yrs.

Congrats, bro! Very cool, and a very nice ring

I just celebrated 20 years of marriage in May. My advice: Commit. And stay committed.

Congradulations! Nice ring, BTW. pretty good advice given thus far. Oh go for a quick engagement as wedding planning can be more stressfull then it should be.

Congrats! GL HF haha I told my better half that I will think about marriage in another 8 years.

I'll give you some words of wisdom, seeing I've married longer than most of you have been alive. Never, ever go to bed pissed off at each other.

Doc.

Congratulations! I dunno why you proposed on a beach though. I suppose asking her for a humidor cabinet is a special deal for the both of you but at a beach? At least you greased the wheels with a ring!

Seriously though, congratulations. I hope you have a long and happy marriage.

Congrats. All things in life will change. When it's great... know it will change... when it's crap... know it will change. "Change is the only Constant" applies to Love and Marriage as well.

P.S. Very jealous of how well done and thought out your proposal was.

Congratulations! You did well on the ring selection.

I don't subscribe to the "don't go to bed angry." I've gotten into nearly all night arguments because of that. When 9 times out of 10, if you would have gone to bed instead, you'd wake up not remembering what you were mad at each other about.

My only advice is more a perspective thing that I like.

Love is the thing that makes a marriage (i.e. you fall in love, then get married) but years from now (could be many or could be few) you'll be fed up with each other and you'll find at that time that your marriage is making the love. In other words, that commitment you made will create love between you even though you might not "feel" it right then.

Marriage takes work. It's about forgiveness, getting over stupid small stuff, and just sticking by your best friend.

Also, yes, I recommend working out some of the "big items" like kids or no kids, religion, etc BEFORE the wedding. Some things like that can be hard to compromise on later in life.

Good luck! It will be the time of your life!
:thumbs: