• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I question about the cold

dixieland_conjunction

If it isn't dixieland, it isn't REAL jazz
I've been wondering this for some time:

For those of you like I, who don't smoke in the house, what do you do when it gets colder?

I know for some of you desert folks it doesn't get cold enough to even warrant wearing clothes, but even in temperate NC, it gets pretty chilly.

Just wondering :)

Cheers,
Dixie

60 + days of 70 degree and above weather a new northwest record :0 but now the rains have returned,(afterall this is Seattle) so I put on the fleece top and bottoms and go out onto my porch and sit in my smoking chair looking out at my neighbors and enjoying life as it goes by. Fortunately I have a covered porch :D If the wind is blowing I might add my gortex shell to break the wind :thumbs:

BenjieV :D

I either go to my club or just suck it up and smoke on my porch. I live in the desert but above 4000 feet so it does get cold in the winter. But it rarely gets below the teens and I can handle that if the windchill isn't too brutal.

gore-tex and polar fleece here. of course, i have my
own natural blubber layer. :p (280+lbs)i'm not
comfortable until 50° or les.

I'm afraid I really do tend to smoke less often and when I do its indoors more with smaller cigars. This year I hope to not have such a winter drop off. More out doors and more indoors then winters past. If we have some even halfway decent temps I'm going to be ready to take better advantage this year. :thumbs:

The car is a good place. Otherwise, I like to smoke sitting at the fireplace when we have a nice fire going. The chimney then will draw the smoke outside. :thumbs:

As long as the wind isn't howling I smoke on the porch, all year. :thumbs:

I basically smoke in only in the car as I'm on the road a heck of a lot. Yep, there's lots of burns on the seats and floor mats of my daily driver and I really try hard to NOT smoke in the Jag (to avoid aforementioned burns) 'cause if I do burn the seats or mats in that car, I'll throw a major fit.

I have two of those air purifiers in my finished basement where we smoke cigars when we play cards once a month or so. Yep, the room stinks but only for about a day or two and fortunatley, it doesn't make the rest of the house smell at all.

How about your local cigar shop. The shops around here usually have a couple of chairs, or a small couch, & a TV or radio going.

Or even better, move to S. Florida.

LuckyDawg said:
F*CK that!
Dudes, here in Minnesota we wear shorts till it snows and we wear only our boxers when we go sledding on trays from the caf.

I'll smoke'em till I can no longer feel the fingers.
:thumbs:

When it gets cold I venture out in my garage in my shorts and t-shirt and tough it out! When it's really cold I might have to put on a sweatshirt! And just so you know... anything below 70 is cold for us here! LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

wk-mang said:
And just so you know... anything below 70 is cold for us here! LOL!
Just so YOU know, anything below 70, and I've got my goosedown on :0

Same here. I moved here to Sunny Orlando last February and it never went below 70' since. I have a nice soft sun chair on my porch out front and I plan on using it alot this winter. Just a note, we did have one day that went down to 69' but it rained all night and it was back to 85' by 9 am. :D

Ohh stogie,
You will have some freak'n cold nights. :0 Not as many as NY but trust me it does get cold in Orlando.

gibu said:
I'm afraid I really do tend to smoke less often and when I do its indoors more with smaller cigars. This year I hope to not have such a winter drop off. More out doors and more indoors then winters past. If we have some even halfway decent temps I'm going to be ready to take better advantage this year. :thumbs:
Fat chance... not with the year we've had! I think we'll have another long cold winter :(

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
LuckyDawg said:
F*CK that!
Dudes, here in Minnesota we wear shorts till it snows and we wear only our boxers when we go sledding on trays from the caf.

I'll smoke'em till I can no longer feel the fingers.
:thumbs:
dudes there in minnesota are f*ckin' insane!
yall are also the ones i see on sunday in sub 0°
weather wearing nothing but boxers and purple
paint! :p

Since living in the desert and being "the highest passer" ( :p Sorry FT! ;) ) I get the best and the worst of both worlds. It's been 105* all summer so it's way to hot to smoke outside during the day, and the winters are bitter dry cold. So I have converted my garage to a nice home gym, I have a large TV with a satellite dish and the whole house has been wired for sound {including the garage} so rain, snow, hot or cold I always have a place to smoke. :)

fllbrent said:
How about your local cigar shop. The shops around here usually have a couple of chairs, or a small couch, & a TV or radio going.
My favorite local shop is planning on opening a smoking lounge soon and having a regular Sunday afternoon herf. And as far as Mike and his Minnesota buds you all got nothin' on me. I wear shorts and sandals year round. Doesn't matter if it's snowing or not. The last time I wore long pants I was in a tux for my brother's wedding!

During normal winters in my area I can smoke on the back deck for most of the winter. If it gets too cold I drive five minutes to my local shop.

Would love to smoke in the house but the Mrs. has asthma, so I don't.

lucasbuck said:
The last time I wore long pants I was in a tux for my brother's wedding!
So much for the love connection Craig :p

I haven't worn shorts except to swim about twice a year for the past 7 years. Now that I my job gives me an excuse to have a closet full of suits, I always wear slacks. I even wore slack at my recent teeth extraction.

For years I dressed like a bum (in long pants- usually cargo pants) and people tried to get my to spruce up. Now I dress up too much and people call me a workaholic. ??? I can't win :) Even Stack asked why I was "all dressed up" when we met for the first time last week.

That's Ok, I should be CEO the company by Sunday :sign:

Cheers,
Dixie