• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I seem to be on a Fuente kick as of late.

XxMerlinxX

I am a leaf on the wind...
I need some more sure fire winners from another cigar manufacturer. What are some positively wonderful smokes not made by Fuente?

La Aurora -- I like them all and will certainly stack a 1495 up against any other smoke out there.

Also, yesterday, I smoked a R&J (habana selection?) something.

Tat brown label is always solid, LFD lanceros are great, padron is rather consistent if you're a fan of their flavor profile, and there's always illusiones.

Try the Toraño Signature line. Has the same wrapper as the CAO Brazillia but with a better blend IMHO. Also, RyJ Habana Reserve is nice. One more, AVO Domaine #50. This is a very good perfecto. Goes well with Lagavulin 16 yr.

Any Ashton VSG, AVO XO, Padron Anniversaio 64's and Liga Privada #9's are some of my favorites.

Another vote for the Tats, particularly the brown label. If you like lanceros El Triunfadors are great.

I also used to be a big Fuente guy.

I also really enjoy the Ashton line (although they technically are a Fuente).

The Padron's thousand series are solid. Plus their 64 Anniversary Series and 1926 series are some of the best cigars out there.

Also check out the AVO line...I really enjoy their regular line #5 cigar

There are so may flavor profiles out there so it's great your curious to try something new..

You may want to give the Newbie Sampler a go!

Edit to add: I noticed from your profile that you didn't like the new "peppery" sticks. So some of the above suggestions MAY not be for you. But bear in mind one blender may have several different flavor profiles on offer. For instance, Pepin has the JJ line (Maduro and Natural) which is sweet and not "peppery", as his regular line has been described.

For me personally I enjoy the Tatuaje brown label and the Gran Habano Corojo #5 . Also enjoy a cigar that is in our local cigarshop called the Primera Isabella . I enjoy the Primera Isabella Sumatra the most.

The Padron's thousand series are solid. Plus their 64 Anniversary Series and 1926 series are some of the best cigars out there.
I meant to pick up some Padron 2000's as I've read wonderful things about those, I'll have to see if I can't find some locally perhaps.

There are so may flavor profiles out there so it's great your curious to try something new..

You may want to give the Newbie Sampler a go!

Edit to add: I noticed from your profile that you didn't like the new "peppery" sticks. So some of the above suggestions MAY not be for you. But bear in mind one blender may have several different flavor profiles on offer. For instance, Pepin has the JJ line (Maduro and Natural) which is sweet and not "peppery", as his regular line has been described.
I can handle a little pepper, I had a DPG Blue Label that had some good spice to it and what I considered to be a pepper flavor of sorts, but I liked it. I recently had a Series JJ but it turned out to be a dud, tasted like moldy limes. A great BOTL sent me another plus some others, so I'll have to give that one another go. Actually, I might light the JJ up tonight and see how it does. About the newbie sampler, I've been on this board so long I wouldn't really feel right trying to get in on one.

Lot of votes for Tatuaje, I'll purchase something by them when I find a source for the 2000's.

Padron 1964 Anniversary series and/or 1926 series are all fine cigars.

Just like most people have said Tat brown label are amazing, along with the Padrons.

Tat reds are good too. Smoking one right now.

Doc.