• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I thought CBid is bad..

kro77

Party of my daily search of things on ebay, i check for opus x stuff. And ran across the guy selling the 2005 Opus X box peice by peice.

This is the stick I got in the GB we did, and it is already up to 81 bucks, I am sorry what person would pay 81 bucks for one cigar that was released this year.

If it was some sort of rare vintage thing i can kind of see it, but this just shows there continues to be more people with money then common sense.

LBMF

I thought tobacco sales were banned on eBay?

Can't believe someone would bid like this for a cigar like this (not saying it's bad, never had one). I'm sure with a little searching one could be found for considerably less.

smokelaw1 said:
Check out the seller's other auctions. All he's got are Fuente's.
[snapback]278552[/snapback]​
Nice cigars, but I can't believe how high the bids are. :0

LilBastage said:

[snapback]278548[/snapback]​

I think they get around this by selling the box as a collectable. It just happens this box has tobacco in it and that tobacco is not intended for consumption...
Collectable or not its frickin GOUGING.

-Rob

kro77 said:
Not blaming the seller, more of the buyers.
[snapback]278544[/snapback]​

I meant I'd hide my name too! :laugh:

rob300c said:
LilBastage said:

I think they get around this by selling the box as a collectable. It just happens this box has tobacco in it and that tobacco is not intended for consumption...

-Rob
[snapback]278558[/snapback]​

I see.

Is one coffin out of the entire box really that collectable? Wouldn't the whole box be more of a find? Excuse my ignorance in this regard, but it seems that way to me.

I agree with the gouging part. I can't believe these people are actually out there.

LilBastage said:
rob300c said:
LilBastage said:

-Rob

I see.

Is one coffin out of the entire box really that collectable? Wouldn't the whole box be more of a find? Excuse my ignorance in this regard, but it seems that way to me.

I agree with the gouging part. I can't believe these people are actually out there.
[snapback]278572[/snapback]​

It isn't ... but it is a ebay loophole that people seem to use when trying to peddle tobacco products.

-Rob

LilBastage said:
rob300c said:
LilBastage said:

-Rob
Is one coffin out of the entire box really that collectable?
[snapback]278572[/snapback]​

judging by the response to my group buy, id say yes. its all relative if you think about it though. i paid $750 for this set of 22. you know there is some dominican roller laughing at me because he know it really costs fuente about $23 to put the set together.

i agree that this is insane, but dont underestimate people with more money than sense. there is a reason victoria's secret sells a one million dollar bra every valentines day to numerous people. think about that....a million freaking dollar bra!!

You can buy your wife a new set of tits for less than that :D

Doc.

marcsheldon said:
judging by the response to my group buy, id say yes. its all relative if you think about it though. i paid $750 for this set of 22. you know there is some dominican roller laughing at me because he know it really costs fuente about $23 to put the set together.

What's really said is when you get in an order of cigars and you see the cost vs. what you sell them for (damn tinderbox wrecked my brain).

And the fact that the other shop in town hordes opus and the owner keeps it for himself means he gets it for half of MSRP... :angry2: :(

Devil Doc said:

Doc.
[snapback]278598[/snapback]​

Devil Doc is the Resident STD Expert and Boob Job expert! Awesome! :thumbs:

ffopusxff, is the guy you are talking about from CF named Curly? If so, how did you put him on this guy at Ebay?

If this guy is picking them up from people sharing them at cost that is just smarmy. We share here in order to spread the wealth not to make a buck.

kro77 said:
If this guy is picking them up from people sharing them at cost that is just smarmy. We share here in order to spread the wealth not to make a buck.
[snapback]278632[/snapback]​

If he's making profit at the expense of BOTLs generosity...
Then he is even more of a POS then I originally thought.

-Rob

KayakinBoy said:
marcsheldon said:
judging by the response to my group buy, id say yes.  its all relative if you think about it though.  i paid $750 for this set of 22. you know there is some dominican roller laughing at me because he know it really costs fuente about $23 to put the set together.

What's really said is when you get in an order of cigars and you see the cost vs. what you sell them for (damn tinderbox wrecked my brain).

And the fact that the other shop in town hordes opus and the owner keeps it for himself means he gets it for half of MSRP... :angry2: :(

Devil Doc said:

Doc.
[snapback]278598[/snapback]​

Devil Doc is the Resident STD Expert and Boob Job expert! Awesome! :thumbs:
[snapback]278599[/snapback]​
My man, I'm only an expert in three areas, STD's, sucking chest wounds, and feet.Marines can't fight if they can't walk. I only dabble in boobs.

Doc.