• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you could Herf w/ any 5 people...

Ben Roethlisberger
Mike Vick
O.J. Simpson
Lawence Taylor
Adam "pacman" Jones

biggrin.gif

This is such a good question..... I put out my Hero Herf edition of men I truly admire for their dedication to their country and their fellow Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen.

1. Joe Foss- MoH Guadalcanal, NRA president, SD Governor, AFL Pres... dynamic guy- privileged to get to meet him and buy him a drink in AZ in 2000 2 yrs before his passing

2. Roger Donlon- MoH Nam Dong, Vietnam- Green Beret- privileged to have met him at a SOCOM gathering of Heroes event in 2004

3. Greg Boyington- MoH WWII- lucky to have met him in 1977 when I was 11 at a book signing in St. Louis for Black Sheep Squadron.

4. Audie Murphy- MoH WWII- Hollywood Western actor

5. James Rudder- Led Rudder's Rangers in the successful assault on Pointe Du Hoc on D-Day in Normandy- I've been there three times and I still look at those cliffs and those defences and say "How did they do that? More importantly, what was going through their minds when they got to the bottom of the cliffs?"

I think that

This is such a good question..... I put out my Hero Herf edition of men I truly admire for their dedication to their country and their fellow Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen.

I think that

Then you would have enjoyed talking with this man. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_M._Burt

Our Battalion had a huge party from him I think it was either 1996 or 1997. Each member of the Battalion got a chance to shake his hand and thank him for his service to the USA. It was a pretty humbling experience. Our Unit was named after him. Then the Army shipped it to Germany long after I got out and changed the named. :(

I think that

Then you would have enjoyed talking with this man. http://en.wikipedia....i/James_M._Burt

Our Battalion had a huge party from him I think it was either 1996 or 1997. Each member of the Battalion got a chance to shake his hand and thank him for his service to the USA. It was a pretty humbling experience. Our Unit was named after him. Then the Army shipped it to Germany long after I got out and changed the named.
sad.gif

Thanks for that...very interesting reading and one truly great Citizen Soldier. There was a group of WWII Tank Mechanics that I used to run into while stationed in Phoenix and over many beers they told me about the charge through Europe what they had to do to keep the Tanks going and their admiration for the men who rode them into battle.

Truly the Greatest Generation

R

My list:

BBS (after he herfs with his list!)
Neil Armstrong (even though he's a bit on the quiet side)
Mark Twain
Gary Sinise
Guy Fieri

How's that for eclectic?

I think that

Then you would have enjoyed talking with this man. http://en.wikipedia....i/James_M._Burt

Our Battalion had a huge party from him I think it was either 1996 or 1997. Each member of the Battalion got a chance to shake his hand and thank him for his service to the USA. It was a pretty humbling experience. Our Unit was named after him. Then the Army shipped it to Germany long after I got out and changed the named.
sad.gif

Thanks for that...very interesting reading and one truly great Citizen Soldier. There was a group of WWII Tank Mechanics that I used to run into while stationed in Phoenix and over many beers they told me about the charge through Europe what they had to do to keep the Tanks going and their admiration for the men who rode them into battle.

R

Glad you enjoyed it. I just can't remember which year it was that we met the man. I think it may have been 1997 for his birthday. We had just wrapped up Task Force XXI in April 1997 and then the big Battalion party. It was pretty cool to see a 4 star General snap to attention when he was wheeled out in his wheel chair. It was a pretty hot day so they didn't want him walking around.

They have a little Museum dedicated to the Medal of Honor recipients on the post of Ft Hood. I went in it one time and its something I still haven't forgotten. When you read what they did during the wars, it is a reminder what some humans will do for their fellow man even if they lose their own life saving others.

I think that

sad.gif

R

Glad you enjoyed it. I just can't remember which year it was that we met the man. I think it may have been 1997 for his birthday. We had just wrapped up Task Force XXI in April 1997 and then the big Battalion party. It was pretty cool to see a 4 star General snap to attention when he was wheeled out in his wheel chair. It was a pretty hot day so they didn't want him walking around.

They have a little Museum dedicated to the Medal of Honor recipients on the post of Ft Hood. I went in it one time and its something I still haven't forgotten. When you read what they did during the wars, it is a reminder what some humans will do for their fellow man even if they lose their own life saving others.

I agree completely.

When I paid my thanks to Joe Foss for what he did for his country and his countrymen he said, " I only did what any American would have done in my place."
Truly an amazing man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Foss

I love this and look to be pretty late but here is mine:

Winston Churchill
Phil Mickelson
Neil Patrick Harris (Or at least his character from How I met your Mother)
Alton Brown
Alon Henry Koff (My Dad RIP)

I agree completely.

When I paid my thanks to Joe Foss for what he did for his country and his countrymen he said, " I only did what any American would have done in my place."
Truly an amazing man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Foss

Joe was a hell of a guy... I met him a number of times, here in Alaska when he was campaigning for a Gov candidate here, and a number of times at the American Fighter Aces Association reunions. He was a HOOT to sit down and talk to one on one. I still have a book on the F4F Wildcat fighter signed by him and 3 other MoH recipients that flew it. He went thru the book with my page by page and told stories about the other pilots listed, the planes he flew, the bases they used and the places they attacked. What an eye opener... I still remember every detail of that evening vividly!

My paternal grandfather, WWI veteran who died 30 years ago this year.

W. Arnold, WWII veteran. Tank commander, Bronze Star recipient. Lost both legs when an 88 came in the hood of his tank. Died of pancreatic cancer in 2002, just a few hours after my sister was killed in an automobile crash. His wife called me when he was diagnosed, and said that he wanted to see me. That last visit with him is one of my fondest memories. I missed his funeral because of my sister's arrangements. One of the most amazing men I've ever had the privilege of knowing. His son is still one of my best friends. (Sorry for rambling)

General Robert E. Lee

General James Longstreet

Ronald Reagen

1. me
2. me
3. me
4. me
and can you guess #5?

1. me
2. me
3. me
4. me
and can you guess #5?
Funny peculiar AND funny haha!

There's only one possible answer that makes sense - me! :)

What I win?

My paternal grandfather, WWI veteran who died 30 years ago this year.

W. Arnold, WWII veteran. Tank commander, Bronze Star recipient. Lost both legs when an 88 came in the hood of his tank. Died of pancreatic cancer in 2002, just a few hours after my sister was killed in an automobile crash. His wife called me when he was diagnosed, and said that he wanted to see me. That last visit with him is one of my fondest memories. I missed his funeral because of my sister's arrangements. One of the most amazing men I've ever had the privilege of knowing. His son is still one of my best friends. (Sorry for rambling)

General Robert E. Lee

General James Longstreet

Ronald Reagen

Longstreet and Reagan yes, Lee no way. There are only 2 others: my dad and my big brother Steve.

for me.....

Jesse James (West Coast Choppers)
Val Kilmer
Kirk Hammett
John Gotti
Carlo Gambino

Veronika Zemanova
Lela Star
Vida Guerra
Jelena Jensen
and Eva Mendes
......... all 6 of us in a jacuzzi .

Veronika Zemanova
Lela Star
Vida Guerra
Jelena Jensen
and Eva Mendes

doesn't seem like it's the HERF that's really on your mind!

My List:

Churchill
Lincoln
Patton
Madison
My father

Veronika Zemanova
Lela Star
Vida Guerra
Jelena Jensen
and Eva Mendes

doesn't seem like it's the HERF that's really on your mind!

My List:

Churchill
Lincoln
Patton
Madison
My father

Ah?, WHAT?!!!! Oh no no no!!! Sir, get your mind out of the gutter!!!!!! :whistling: