• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

If you had to start again from scratch

1. LGC Serie R #6

2. Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro

3. undecided (some sort of churchill ISOM... hard to choose just one)

rknicker said:
moki said:
Lumberg said:
moki said:
Opus X Maduros
Aren't those called Anejos?
No. Añejo's are entirely different.
Anejos are supposed to be Opus X blend with the Anejo wrapper. What the heck is an Opus X Maduro?
Yup, that's what I've always heard. And I know I've seen a thread discussing it with moki in it, so I'm sure he's done his research.

If there is a cash problem:

JR ULT Cab #10
JR ULT Corona in X
AF Cuban Beli SG

if not:

BCG
Part 898 Var
Hoyo Le Hoyo Du Depute

rknicker said:
Anejos are supposed to be Opus X blend with the Anejo wrapper. What the heck is an Opus X Maduro?
Añejos supposedly use the same filler and binder that is used in Opus X cigars, though honestly, I'm not sure I buy it. The taste profiles are extremely different. The wrapper on Añejos are Connecticut broadleaf maduro, aged for a year in cognac barrels.

Opus X Maduros are Opus X cigars, with an Opus X maduro wrapper that comes from the same plants the regular rosado wrappers come from, but picked, fermented, and treated to be maduro wrappers.

If Añejos really do contain the same binder and filler that Opus X cigars do, this is definitely a testament to how much the wrapper influences the taste of a cigar: Añejos and Opus X's taste nothing alike.

Opus X Maduros, though, taste an awful lot like an Opus X cigar, but with the deeper, sweeter maduro flavors. Sorta like a jalapeño dipped in chocolate.

Opus X Maduro cigars are made in very limited numbers; limited enough that they can't even do an annual release like they do for the Añejos. They are not for sale; there are 3 places you can get them:

1) The Forbidden X humidor contained a total of 12 Opus X Maduros in 3 sizes: robusto, churchill, and lancero; 100 humidors were made

2) The Fuente/Newman charity, Cigar Family Charity, sometimes has these cigars up for auction; the proceeds benefit the children in the Dominican Republic

3) Carlito Fuente gives you one

(or of course, you can trade for one... but ultimately, the Opus X Maduro came from one of those 3 sources)

Other than the churchill, robusto, and lancero Opus X Maduros, there are a limited number of xXx (PowerRanger) maduros, and Fuente Fuente maduros. There may be others I'm not aware of, but I think that's it.

Money should be no object when it comes to cigars:

RASCC
VR DA
SLR DC

Honorable mention (If any one of the above boxes are "out of stock" ya always gotta have a back up :D ):

SC EM

And even with those, I'll still bet my three boxes cost less than you guys buying the PAM's, AF's and VSG's ;)

Okay for the very few of you who have NO IDEA what I just listed:

Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro
Saint Luis Rey Double Corona
San Cristobal El Morro

Great thread Lumby!!

coventrycat86 said:
Money should be no object when it comes to cigars:

RASCC
VR DA
SLR DC

And even with those, I'll still bet my three boxes cost less than you guys buying the PAM's, AF's and VSG's ;)
I'm not quite so sure of that.....yours are about $700

About the same as my

BTL's
WOAM's
AF Chateau SG

I'm not quite so sure of that.....yours are about $650

Okay wise guy, how much does one box of PAM '26 #1's go for? $500.00, last I checked

I win :sign:

coventrycat86 said:
I'm not quite so sure of that.....yours are about $650

Okay wise guy, how much does one box of PAM '26 #1's go for? $500.00, last I checked

I win :sign:
So I can get the PAM's, AF Beli SG and AF Chateau SG for the same :p

HEY, you changed your $650.00 to $700.00, and I caught ya :D

109 + 253 + 250 = more like 600, you were closer the first time :p

coventrycat86 said:
So I can get the PAM's, AF Beli SG and AF Chateau SG for the same 

Yeah but my cigars are so much better than your cigars :sign:
That's only because..... YOU'RE A SNOB :0 :p :sign: :sign: :sign:

That's only because..... YOU'RE A SNOB

Yeah well YOU made me that way. :sign:

I was doing just fine smoking my Remedios until I met you, DaveC, SMOKUZUNA and Crossbow ;)

Lumberg said:
Let's say your dog eats your smokes, or the wife throws them out.........
If either of the two events above happen someone is dying. :)

Ramon Allones
- Specially Selected Robusto

Montecristo
- No. 1 Cervante (Lonsdale)

Cohiba
- Siglo IV Coronas Gorda

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte