• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione CG4? Others?

I have to say my current favorites are the 68 and the mk, don't get me wrong the cg4's are excellent but the 68 gets right to the point. Honestly Dion is making a great cigar right now and I can't wait for his new brand to come out, I also hope he has a container of lanceros for me ready to ship. :)

Had a cg4 that had three different tunnels running on it tonight. Was drawing a lot of air through it. Still got to smoke it all, but not as enjoyable as the others. Every other Illusione I've had burned perfect. Can't expect perfection everytime, but I can hope, right?? :laugh:

MK is the best imo. I think silocigars might have some if not send me a pm and I can put something together for you.

John

What JFK said - I like the mk's too. :thumbs:

What are your thoughts on the differences between the older and newer batches? IMO you have done a great job with the marca in general, ESPECIALLY the thinner RG vitolas.

I'm curious about this as well...are there supposed to be differences between batches, or does it signify that they are rolled from different bales, or just when the factory happens to ship them out?

I've mostly been smoking Jan08 sticks, but there was a Feb08 I had that seemed noticeably spicier with some minor flavor differences.

Blending is not an exact science, especially when Mother Nature has a hand in it. Each year, as aging tobaccos come up for review and use, it is up to the master blender to use the raw materials at hand to match the profile and characteristics of previous runs. Sometimes, different primings must be selected within the same plant/farm/region/lot etc. to achieve consistency. This is what I did in December/January. I went to the regions where the tobacco was being aged and started pulling maturing leaves out of various Pilones (huge piles of tobacco). Myself, the factory owner, a couple of farmers and the master blender all smoked the crap out of various components untill we found the tobacco necessary for illusione production 2008. This is where you have to be on your toes. The key is listening to your palate and paying attention to your olfactory senses to achieve this. Each crop year can vary depending on the soil, climate, moisture etc. it is EVERY cigar makers goal to achieve this. Heindrik Kellner is a master at this, as well as Manuel Quesada among others. It's an extremely difficult, and very rewarding process. Hope this helps.

Dion.

Dion,
Great bit of info there! And I appreciate the mention of Kellner and even more so, Quesada, who in my experience, just doesnt seem get enough respect for his consistency.

I've been hearing a lot about these but haven't tried any. We have the man himself right here on our forums... I feel it's my duty to test as many of these out as I can :D :D

Logging in to Silo Cigars as I type.

Had my first CG4 two nights ago (THANKS LOVETHELEAF!!!) and I enjoyed it immensely. However, is it just me or was it just the night or they very very full strength? I can say it was just about the most powerful cigar I have tried. I only have the one though, so maybe I will buy some more and see for myself!! :)

Don

Had my first CG4 two nights ago (THANKS LOVETHELEAF!!!) and I enjoyed it immensely. However, is it just me or was it just the night or they very very full strength? I can say it was just about the most powerful cigar I have tried. I only have the one though, so maybe I will buy some more and see for myself!! :)

Don

I'm finishing up my first CG4 and I think it's not that strong at all. Medium to medium-full. Granted I smoke a lot of JdN Antano and LFD DL, but the Illusione didn't seem to pack all that much punch.

Derek

Don

I'm finishing up my first CG4 and I think it's not that strong at all. Medium to medium-full. Granted I smoke a lot of JdN Antano and LFD DL, but the Illusione didn't seem to pack all that much punch.

Derek

It could be the timing.. when you ate, etc. I've had cigars absolutely floor me almost to the point of puking... then the second time around down the road I didn't feel them hit nearly as much.

Don

Derek

It could be the timing.. when you ate, etc. I've had cigars absolutely floor me almost to the point of puking... then the second time around down the road I didn't feel them hit nearly as much.

I find them to be very full flavored ( or full bodied) with heavy, strong, thick smoke
but not overly strong in the nicotine department ( strength ).