• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm a bloody mess

Oh yeah, be sure to remember to keep stretching your jaw. When I had mine out (at age 16) and when my wife had hers out (at age 30ish) neither of us could open our mouths more than enough to fit a straw or something paper thin the next day. Your mouth really doesn't like being propped open for the amount of time it takes to get those teeth out.

After I had my done. I ate corn on the cob.

Alright, a little over 24 hours later, and I don't feel like total shiv which I expected to. I am talking fine, I can open my mouth as wide as I can, but my gums are still bleeding a bit, and my mouth tastes like someone took a dump in it last night while I slept. Other than that, not as bad as I had expected. My lower jaw is so swollen, I look like a chipmunk with it's cheeks full. I guess compared to some of the stories everyone posted, I am getting off relatively easy, or at least so far. Have a good weekend all

Edit for spelling

Yeah, I had mine out when I was 17. You really need to stay away from smoking for a bit. I had some dental work recently and even though I stayed away from cigars, I still developed a small dry socket. Trust me, as someone else pointed out, the cigars will be there when this passes. Dental bills from fixing what was done while recovering from getting your wisdom teeth out? That can be pretty painful.

Melly

I had all 4 wisdom teeth come in before I was 14. One of them caused a ton of problems with the gum growing back over it. Then the tooth would grind the gum and I took this pattern of pain for a few months. I took a pretty thick sewing needle and heated it till it was cherry red. I then proceeded to cut the excess gum over the wisdom tooth since ole mom and dad didn't want to take me to the Dentist to have it properly done.

Another time I had one of them pulled by a female dentist and her 2 assistants. The Dentist broke the wisdom tooth in 4 different places to get it out. It took all 3 of them pulling to get it out and the funny thing was the root was perfectly straight. Sad part is while they did this, I kept saying it hurt. She said it was just pressure and I said this isn't pressure. Later on while walking my rounds in the Hospital, I actually spit out the drill bit and I took it back. I asked them if they lost something and they looked at me puzzled. I said here is the drill bit back. Needless to say, I didn't pay for the wisdom tooth being pulled.

So yeah...You are lucky so far. :laugh: