• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm a medical miracle.

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
Since a lot of folks like to share bad news with the group, I thought I'd share some good news. I just had some blood studies done. First of all, I eat red meat every fuggin' day. I'm quite fond of beef and pork. I use butter, sour cream and eat lots of bacon and eggs. My wife bakes, and I eat it all. Hell, I have pie for breakfast. My cholesterol levels are well below what they should be at my age. My doctor is absolutely perplexed. Fug him. Live free or die. No vice is worth giving up for an extra year in a nursing home.

Doc.

Congrats on the cholesterol levels Doc...but I figured you fell into the "medical miracle" category back 'round the bicentennial.

Since a lot of folks like to share bad news with the group, I thought I'd share some good news. I just had some blood studies done. First of all, I eat red meat every fuggin' day. I'm quite fond of beef and pork. I use butter, sour cream and eat lots of bacon and eggs. My wife bakes, and I eat it all. Hell, I have pie for breakfast. My cholesterol levels are well below what they should be at my age. My doctor is absolutely perplexed. Fug him. Live free or die. No vice is worth giving up for an extra year in a nursing home.

Doc.

Its the Italian blood, Chief.

Glad to hear you're in good health, Doc. :thumbs:

Congrats on the clean bill of health! :)

I'm thinking more and more that it's the "happiness" factor that decides how healthy you are. The more you enjoy life, the more life will treat you well (so to speak).

from a chef, quality of life is first and foremost. live right and eat well and life will run its course as is fit.

Just goes to show you how little medicine really understands. Even when I was in fight shape I had high blood pressure, I may look like the picture of health but my family genetics say otherwise. I figure I'll live till I die no matter what.
Pie for breakfast, that's sounds nice!

Thanks for the bit of cheer Doc and I raise my glass to you and yours in good health.

Doc good to hear that at your age you still have blood running through you! Eat and drink what you like, I hope it was a good pie.

Doc, I'm glad we'll have you around for a good long time, your comments always make my day!

That's great news Doc! I think I'll make some more sausage biscuits in the morning to celebrate! :D

Hell, your doctor is perplexed ??? I know exactly what has caused your miracle.

To quote W. C. Fields,

"I haven't been sick a day since I was a child. A steady diet of cigars and whiskey cured me."

edit to add: Glad that you are in such good health, Doc :thumbs:

See it is easy, since only the good die young......and the fact that god HATES a Red Sox fan you'll be around longer than Methuselah....

Love ya bruddah'