• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm Getting Started in Beer

bpj87

Go Bulldogs!
I've been really into wine for a while, and, after enjoying some craft beers, decided to take the plunge and get started with a small sampling of beer styles. It turns out that my local liquor store, which I never frequent, as I tend to go to the big discount stores, is a bit of a beer mecca. I stopped in today, and with the help of the resident beer expert, walked out with almost two cases of high end beer.

Here's what I bought:
Corsendonk Abbey Pale Ale [Tripel]
Moinette Biologique (Dupont Foret) [Saison]
Schneider Aventinus [Weizen Bock]
La Rulles Triple
Coniston Bluebird Bitter [Bitter]
Tomos Watkin Cwrw Braf [Bitter]
Young's Double Chocolate Stout x2
BFM Cuvée du 7ème [IPA]
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale x2
Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale x2
Mikkeller All Others Pale [American Pale Ale]
Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer [English Strong Ale]
Rochefort Trappistes 10 [Quadrupel]
Westmalle Tripel
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Chimay Bleue x2

I know that some of these are classics, and I've enjoyed a few before, but what do all of you beer experts think about my selection? Might you have any advice on what I should try first, and anything for which I should wait to acquire a taste? Does anything here go particularly well with a certain cigar? I have heard that Young's Double Chocolate Stout + PAM = heaven.

I've been really into wine for a while, and, after enjoying some craft beers, decided to take the plunge and get started with a small sampling of beer styles. It turns out that my local liquor store, which I never frequent, as I tend to go to the big discount stores, is a bit of a beer mecca. I stopped in today, and with the help of the resident beer expert, walked out with almost two cases of high end beer.

Here's what I bought:
Corsendonk Abbey Pale Ale [Tripel]
Moinette Biologique (Dupont Foret) [Saison]
Schneider Aventinus [Weizen Bock]
La Rulles Triple
Coniston Bluebird Bitter [Bitter]
Tomos Watkin Cwrw Braf [Bitter]
Young's Double Chocolate Stout x2
BFM Cuvée du 7ème [IPA]
Dogfish Head Punkin Ale x2
Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale x2
Mikkeller All Others Pale [American Pale Ale]
Innis & Gunn Oak Aged Beer [English Strong Ale]
Rochefort Trappistes 10 [Quadrupel]
Westmalle Tripel
Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock
Chimay Bleue x2

I know that some of these are classics, and I've enjoyed a few before, but what do all of you beer experts think about my selection? Might you have any advice on what I should try first, and anything for which I should wait to acquire a taste? Does anything here go particularly well with a certain cigar? I have heard that Young's Double Chocolate Stout + PAM = heaven.

Sorry man, the are al BAD, pm me for my addy I will dispose off them for you at no charge...

Looks like some pretty big beers and some very good one...

Welcome to the addiction, buy a bigger fridge.... lol

Paul

Sorry man, the are al BAD, pm me for my addy I will dispose off them for you at no charge...

Looks like some pretty big beers and some very good one...

Welcome to the addiction, buy a bigger fridge.... lol

Paul

:laugh: Should I send them along with all of those crappy ELs and '98s?

Aventinus and Rochefort 10 are tough to beat, but some people have to acquire the taste for "big" beers like those. Some people don't though, so let us know what you think.