• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm going to be controversial here and ask

I think the idea was for Lee to re-expose some of Lumberg's more controversial posts or threads. I don't think that it would be wise to get back into the questions that Lumberg raised or the flaming will begin again. Or they may not because he was out in left field with his opinion on this. He may be the only one out of over 2000 members that feels this way. I would have to go back over the thread which I do not want to do to see if anyone agreed with him.

Brian

Understandable- I didn't intend to re-fan the flames-
Just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

Since it is a an old post and moot issue and everyone ( or what seems like everyone HAS already posted what they had to say about the topic ) I would be able to speak on the matter with candor and from a different perspective.
I didn't belive it would provoke anyone into a flame war and I would like to think that people here have better to do than to comb the board for tiny embers.

[quote name='EMO'S_GRRL' date='Sep 21 2005, 04:46 PM']Understandable- I didn't intend to re-fan the flames-
Just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

Since it is a an old post and moot issue and everyone ( or what seems like everyone HAS already posted what they had to say about the topic ) I would be able to speak on the matter with candor and from a different perspective.
I didn't belive it would provoke anyone into a flame war and I would like to think that people here have better to do than to comb the board for tiny embers.
[snapback]228470[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I wasn't directing towards you, just a general comment because I noticed that more than a few have. Everyone's opinion is valued and yes everyone has their right to post their opinion. I just didn't want the flaming on this to start because it was ROUGH on this subject when the thread started. :D

sorry about the previous post, this was the first time I read this thread and it really set me off. Not trying to beat a dead horse, I get the point of the whole thing so now Ill just go back to browsing and trying to decide what I want to smoke next from my newbie sampler :D and stop jumping in on stuff that doesnt really need my opinion

In the past, I have served in both the U.S. Armed Forces, and in law enforcement and security. I never regarded my service as a job, but rather as a duty. Those persons in the armed forces and in law enforcement and security place their lives on the line every day. There are certain elements of people in our society who have hatred for persons in the armed forces and in law enforcement and security, merely because they wear the uniform. These men and women often become targets for the criminal elements in our society. Terrorists are just one example of those having hatred for the uniform and what it stands for. May we all have respect for those who serve! Regards, knightlaird

Nathan Rahl, don't worry, I'm lurking right beside ya! :laugh:

I think it was a good idea that this thread was topped.......

It shows alot of the "New Guys" what a moron this idiot could be with his dumb assed posts

I think Lee just intended to put the information out there for everyone to see again..... then you all could choose to do like I do...... I will not have anything to do with Lumberg.... I will not trade with him and would avoid HERFing with him. If this type of moronic ideas came up in a conversation face-to-face, I could not be responsible for what would happen.

So do like I do...... and ignore this moron

Yikes Lum, you better be sure to be careful making stupid comments with BkCloud around, Have you seen his .sig he knows where we all are and too much about you to be comfortable. :0 Maybe that'll make ya think before posting a rehashing of an offensive idea that was proposed by Jerry Seinfeld toungue and cheek in stand up comedy bit. :shakes head:

CYG

CvilleYoungGun said:
Yikes Lum, you better be sure to be careful making stupid comments with BkCloud around,  Have you seen his .sig he knows where we all are and too much about you to be comfortable. :0   Maybe that'll make ya think before posting a rehashing of an offensive idea that was proposed by Jerry Seinfeld toungue and cheek in stand up comedy bit.  :shakes head:

CYG
[snapback]228556[/snapback]​

I often wonder what Lumby is thinking when he makes these posts - and they seem to be made over and over again... Hence - why Lee felt it important to top this thread... Maybe Lumby at some point will realize maybe he should be a bit more sensitive to the community and STFU with stupid BS like this... Maybe, but from what I've seen, I highly doubt it... ???

It is a sad time when we loose one of great protectors. So it is we United States Citizens who need to remember those who make all of our ways of life easy. A few moments of silence or a little TV coverage won't hurt anyone. So always remember those who have falling, they are the one's who able you to have freedoms.

I haven't been around much for awhile, and I am certainly not going to go back and read all 7 pages of comments, but I do think there is a simple and intellectual answer to Lumberg's original question.

Police Officers and Soldiers are among the most public and overtly powerful symbles of our government. Yes, it is tragic when a private citizen is murdered, but an isolated murder does not represent a direct threat to society. When a police officer is murdered or a soldier is killed in battle, however, it is a direct attack upon the government. If unanswered, the attacks will diminish the power of the government and weaken the social compact in ways that may prove to be very undesirable. You know, dogs may begin lying with cats and chickens with foxes and.......you get the picture.

That's why it's such a big deal numbnuts! If animals start screwing outside their species the whole damn planet might become extinct.

[Note: I hope that no one was offended by my intellectual treatment of this topic].

Lumberg, I don't know what the hell you were thinking about when you made this post.

I have friends in LE and the military, they serve our country, our towns and states. They deserve the utmost respect and when one goes down; it is a tragedy and should not be thought of as less significant.

As a former enlisted man I am sorry to see this thread. I truly thought the brotherhood here above such a stain. It is a tragedy when any good person's life is taken by means other than natural causes. So much more so if that person is standing in the breach for you.

BR out.

Lumberg does not give a crap about anyone but Lumberg. He has no understanding about the sacrifice people make to make his little world as good as it is.

He is a shallow little boy.

I've been watching and reading this from when it was first posted. I had hoped that the point that was trying to be made was why is the moral view i.e. all life is sacred; is different then the societal view that LEO and service members are more valuable. That is how I read and took the question however, it seems that I'm in the minority in that view.

Bacchus has the best answer for the societal viewpoint IMO but there really hasn't been an answer from the moralist viewpoint. I'm not the one to give it either. In any case looking at this as a conflict of two views of life makes it far less antagonistic even if the initial wording wasn't the best. Just my .02¢

BACCHUS said:
Police Officers and Soldiers are among the most public and overtly powerful symbles of our government. Yes, it is tragic when a private citizen is murdered, but an isolated murder does not represent a direct threat to society. When a police officer is murdered or a soldier is killed in battle, however, it is a direct attack upon the government. If unanswered, the attacks will diminish the power of the government and weaken the social compact in ways that may prove to be very undesirable.
[snapback]228811[/snapback]​