• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm Hooked...

azdbacks10

I'm a fairly new cigar smoker. At 19 years old, I've only had a little over a year and a half to enjoy cigar smoking. I started on my 18th birthday, and up until this last Spring I only smoked on special occasions with my family and friends. Because of this, I've become hooked... to Padrón. The flavor is outstanding! While I can afford the 1964 Principe (which I thoroughly enjoy), I was hoping that you fellow CP'ers could point me in the right direction to cigars with similar (I know almost nothing compares to Padrón!) flavor, etc. With new releases coming out every so often, I thought it would be best to make a new thread rather than search for the most recent findings.
Thanks in advance!
-Danny

Go to your local and pick up a few singles and stay experimenting. You will find some other things that you like. Good luck in your search.

Wise word from Kendall you got there..i'm still am discorvering flavor profile I like and dislike and the only way to do so is try everyting one the menu ! :p

Fuente, Drew Estates, and Tat should keep you busy for a while. Personally I would take a Fuente over a Padron any day, but that's what is so awesome about cigars, everyone has their own tastes and likes. Like the guys said above, try everything and then make your own conclusions.

As you spend more time here, your see this a lot and I think it comes into play "Smoke what you like, like what you smoke"

I'm a fairly new cigar smoker. At 19 years old, I've only had a little over a year and a half to enjoy cigar smoking. I started on my 18th birthday, and up until this last Spring I only smoked on special occasions with my family and friends. Because of this, I've become hooked... to Padrón. The flavor is outstanding! While I can afford the 1964 Principe (which I thoroughly enjoy), I was hoping that you fellow CP'ers could point me in the right direction to cigars with similar (I know almost nothing compares to Padrón!) flavor, etc. With new releases coming out every so often, I thought it would be best to make a new thread rather than search for the most recent findings.
Thanks in advance!
-Danny

Why mess up a good thing? Keep in contact with Jim (Keystone_Raider) and he'll get you deals on Padron that you really can't beat. I mean, really, YOU... CAN'T... BEAT....

Thank you for the responses. I'm lucky to live near Cigar King (in Scottsdale) so trying a variety is very easy to do.

Look into the Newbie Sampler Thread, if you really want to branch out and try some great smokes.

Stick with Padrons- buy a box of every x000 and start to let them sit in your coolidor, let them start to age now, then buy a box every year. There are good smokes out there but I always have a padron for specail occasions.

Hit one of the retailers here. I recently gave Issy my CC and said "here is my budget, send me $XX worth"
We spoke about what I liked and I said to surprise me. I got turned on to 3 new ones that I had never tried.
You will not be sorry

ETA Fat Finger fix

Hit one of the retailers here. I recently gave Issy my CC and said "here is my budget, send me $XX worth"
We spoke about what I liked and I said to surprise me. I got turned on to 3 new ones that I had never tried.
You will not be sorry

ETA Fat Finger fix

I did basically the same thing with him for a DPG/MF sampler and it turned out spectacular.

Beyond the Band- cool idea I'm thinking about trying that with Issy.

X5 with Isy.

Got to try a bunch of new sticks and learned a ton talking to him on the phone. You won't regret it!

If you like Padron's 1964's so much, then I think the 1926 line is a must try ( if you hadn't already ) and also try other brands.... I love padron as well but I also enjoy Fuente opus x quite a bit, anything from Ashton (especially their vsg and cabinet lines)

I suggest you test a lot of cigars. Everything here is personal tastes. Some of the folks here like a bold flavor profile and others like mild. You will find many cigars along the way you enjoy. I laugh about some of the cigars I enjoyed many years ago. If Padron is the only major brand you've smoked, you are in for a treat as you try some of the others. I like Padron too, but, I have many good-great cigars in my rotation.

Have fun.......you may find some suprises along the way! ;)